DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Warm Scene File example clip (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/56660-warm-scene-file-example-clip.html)

Stephen L. Noe December 22nd, 2005 06:46 PM

Warm Scene File example clip

Hi guys,

Another scene file example. This time it's the "warm" scene file. This may not be the best case to use the warm scene file but during last nights gig we gave it a shot (3 HD-100 shoot).

Particulars:
Scene file used - warm
WB - Manual 3000K
F 1.4 - 2.8
Gain - 0

Guitarist (Robert Burks) looks purple in the scene because of the multicolored spotlights focused on stage.

Here is a snippet:Windows Media and DivX AVI
Sorry, no h.264 guys so I offer the DivX instead.

I looked at the stage using some other scene files I had loaded but they do nothing for a stage event. I may come up with a "Live!" scene file specifically for this type of event (unless someone else already has).

best of luck to you!

Tim Dashwood December 22nd, 2005 07:14 PM

Thanks Stephen,

I've been meaning to post some new footage and "go public" with some of my scene files now that I've had the chance to test them more.
I wish more of the people (about 40 of them) who "signed up" to voluntarily test the experimental scene files would send me samples. So far only three, including you, have sent anything back.

If you are interested, here's a grid with some tests I quickly shot while on set the other day.
http://homepage.mac.com/timdashwood/...cene-Files.jpg

Jiri Bakala December 22nd, 2005 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
I wish more of the people (about 40 of them) who "signed up" to voluntarily test the experimental scene files would send me samples. So far only three, including you, have sent anything back.

Sorry buddy, still waiting for delivery of the camera...now scheduled for January 10-11. The first unit had a severe SSE at 0dB and a really bad VF.

Stephen L. Noe December 22nd, 2005 08:06 PM

I forgot to add that the featured snippet is hand held. The stability of the HD-100 is unsurpassed and is as steady as a full size camera to me.

Marc Colemont December 23rd, 2005 06:22 AM

Tim, I downloaded the zip file and I'm gonna try-out these settings too when I have some time.
I think I read somewere but I'm not sure that I have to do white balance before loading a scene?

Diogo Athouguia December 24th, 2005 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
Thanks Stephen,

I've been meaning to post some new footage and "go public" with some of my scene files now that I've had the chance to test them more.

If you are interested, here's a grid with some tests I quickly shot while on set the other day.
http://homepage.mac.com/timdashwood/...cene-Files.jpg

I'm having some problems capturing in HDV mode, I can only send you DV stuff until I have my new PC. Do you want them anyway?

David Dessel December 24th, 2005 11:50 AM

Stephen,

The compression on your Windows Media file looks great. What platform did you use to create the file? (Window or Mac?) Also, what software and settings were used?

Best,

Dave Dessel

Shannon Rawls December 24th, 2005 03:53 PM

Stephen,

That's an AMAZING picture bro! Aweome work.
I can only imagine how pretty it is on an HD monitor!

- ShannonRawls.com

Earl Thurston December 24th, 2005 05:05 PM

That looks really nice, Stephen. Was it shot with the stock lens?

Stephen L. Noe December 25th, 2005 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Dessel
Stephen,

The compression on your Windows Media file looks great. What platform did you use to create the file? (Window or Mac?) Also, what software and settings were used?

Best,

Dave Dessel

Hi Dave - I encoded the file from my Liquid 6.1 timeline (WinXP) using a custom HiDef (1280x720 24p) wmv profile I made for media encoder 9. Would you like to have the profile and give it a try for yourself?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earl Thurston
That looks really nice, Stephen. Was it shot with the stock lens?

Yes, the stock lens was used. I'm still waiting to try the 13x lens. The stock lens gets the job done.

Merry Christmas amigos...

Steve Mullen December 26th, 2005 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen L. Noe
Hi Dave - I encoded the file from my Liquid 6.1 timeline (WinXP)...

1) What HDV input support do you have in 6.1? (Integrated HDV capture, Batch Capture, TC support, Scene Detect, etc.)

2) Are typical transitions and CC realtime with native HDV?

3) If you create a native HDV cuts-only timeline -- how much time is taken processing the Timeline before it is written back to HDV tape?

4) Do you have full 24p capture and editing support? (Including 24p export back to HDV tape.)

5) Curious why you haven't upgraded to V7?

Stephen L. Noe December 26th, 2005 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Mullen
1) What HDV input support do you have in 6.1? (Integrated HDV capture, Batch Capture, TC support, Scene Detect, etc.)

2) Are typical transitions and CC realtime with native HDV?

3) If you create a native HDV cuts-only timeline -- how much time is taken processing the Timeline before it is written back to HDV tape?

4) Do you have full 24p capture and editing support? (Including 24p export back to HDV tape.)

5) Curious why you haven't upgraded to V7?

Hi,

1. With Liquid 6.1 there is 720p30 end to end and I have my work around for 720p24 that works with some pain but still works. The gig in question that the above clip was derrived from was shot and edited 720p24 in Liquid 6.1

2. Transitions and FX are handled real time just like DV. The RT color corrector is RT without a hitch. CX color corrector alway renders for any color change but never renders for a luminance change. Yellow slice all plays RT just like with any other source.

3. Cuts only timeline only takes the amount of time to reorder the GOP to dump to tape or in other words it compiles the contiguous m2v to dump to tape. Mine works as fast as my system can write a file and then the record process starts (talking 720p30). Also you can choose not to render yellow slice and it will not render the timeline, instead it will write the m2v for the dump with the software codec "on the fly".

4. No. Only 720p30 and 720p25 end to end.

5. I do have Liquid 7.0 and I'm on the beta team. 7.1 is needed for me to switch from 6.1 (which is a mature, stable product). It was the same situation when 6.0 came out. 6.0 introduced all those great features but 6.1 was needed for stability.

David Dessel December 26th, 2005 12:14 PM

[QUOTE=Would you like to have the profile and give it a try for yourself?
[/QUOTE]

Hey Steve,

If you have time to provide the compression profile, that would be great. I also, neglected to say that example you gave was great shooting.

Best and Happy Holidays,

-Dave Dessel

Stephen L. Noe December 26th, 2005 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Dessel
Hey Steve,

If you have time to provide the compression profile, that would be great. I also, neglected to say that example you gave was great shooting.

Best and Happy Holidays,

-Dave Dessel

Hi Dave,

Here are your WME 9 recipes for HD content:

720p24 Windows Media Encoder 9 recipe

720p30 Windows Media Encoder 9 recipe

These will work to produce excellent quality HD for Windows Media and the HD-100.

Soroush Shahrokni December 27th, 2005 07:49 AM

Stephen, first of all let me thank you so much for providing us with your great footage. They are inspiring!

I have a question regarding your WME recipes...how do I use them?