scene files from the SD card at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 25th, 2005, 06:44 AM   #1
Major Player

scene files from the SD card

Does anyone know how to load up Scene/setting files from the SD card because I'm trying to load up Tim D's settings but when loaded the settings don't change.
The manual doesn't help too much either because I've already tried them, could the scene files just be empty?
Old December 25th, 2005, 05:00 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

This is one of the coolest features of the HD100 so surely it's just a matter of getting the procedure correct. Has anybody out there transferred a file successfully?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2005, 04:27 AM   #3
Major Player

I know! I was really busy and finally the guilt of Tim working hard for these scenes and me not using them overwhelmed me so I tried to do something about them and it just didnt happen last night. Tim D got any suggestions?
Old December 26th, 2005, 10:32 AM   #4
Wrangler

Hi Jemore,

I'm back.
Just so we are on the same page here: you have a USB SD card reader that you inserted your SD card into. It shows up on your desktop or in "My Computer" as a removable device. You drag up to four scene files in there labelled EXT1.scn, EXT2.scn, EXT3.scn and EXT4.scn.
Now you insert the SD card into the camera and go to "Load Scene File" and scroll to EXTERNAL 1,2,3 or 4 and you are not seeing the scene files?
Old December 27th, 2005, 01:43 AM   #5
Major Player

Tim you mean I have to rename these files? thats it! ok I'll try that! cheers!!!
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:32 PM   #6
Major Player

I've been able to load the SD cards on my PC with no issues and copy and save the scene files.

When I did my tests with Tim's files the one thing I noticed is that it seems like the white balance changes when a new file is loaded into the camera. Can anyone confirm this? If I white balance, then load a scene file, it looks like the white balance is lost and it reverts to a preset value even if I'm in A or B.

In my case, I was shooting outside, so the files created a very blue looking scene, yet if I white balanced after loading them they looked fine.

Just curious about this, I would assume it shouldn't do that. I do know it will reset the Red and Blue shift you can set when you do a white balance.
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 01:04 PM   #7
Major Player

Hey Dave, maybe try this....

- Set your white balance as you have, before loading the Scene File.
- Then keep hitting the "Menu" button until you cycle to the page that shows all of the cameras current settings, take note of the white balance there.
- Load your Scene File.
- Then back to the menu button for the cameras current settings, and see if it has changed that way.

I have not loaded any scene files yet so I can't try it here. I just added it to my "To-Do list", (along with a million other things to still try with this camera).
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 06:48 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
Hi Jemore,

I'm back.
Just so we are on the same page here: you have a USB SD card reader that you inserted your SD card into. It shows up on your desktop or in "My Computer" as a removable device. You drag up to four scene files in there labelled EXT1.scn, EXT2.scn, EXT3.scn and EXT4.scn.
Now you insert the SD card into the camera and go to "Load Scene File" and scroll to EXTERNAL 1,2,3 or 4 and you are not seeing the scene files?

Where do I find this SD upload?
Scott Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2005, 01:50 PM   #9
Major Player

Daniel

Yes, it does indeed change the white balance. So you must white balance AFTER loading any scene file.

I tested this by white balancing in mix light 4300K, then loaded Dashwood Reversal scene... Checked status as the scene was now blue and the WB is now 3000K.

Dave B
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2005, 03:35 PM   #10
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Harper
Where do I find this SD upload?
I will create new files and provide a link within the next week. I'm still working out some white balance bugs (as Dave has mentioned here.)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems