AMATEUR QUESTIONS??? split, dead pixels and Head Cleaning at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 8th, 2006, 08:25 PM   #1
New Boot

AMATEUR QUESTIONS??? split, dead pixels and Head Cleaning

1) I am amateur and I have my new camera HD-100 for two days, I got it from B&H of New york, and Unfortunately it has the Split Screen problem, in 18db and 09db even is perceived, I made the procedures that says in JVC web page, but the problem is still there, besides I recorded small scenes in different formats and after 10 seconds to reproduce for the first time in the camera, I got "HEAD CLEANIG REQUIRED" This is not right as soon as is the first time that I use it.
I want to know what I should to do.

2) Sorry a new in the HD field and I have another idiot question about dead pixel, this problem happen when I record and reproduce in the camera? Or when capture the material in the computer, and someone can tell me the exact routine to mask and fixed, I fouded in another thread but:

1- First you have to put you camcorder in 24p mode
2- **EDITED** --->>> Where can I got this menu EDITED??? I'm not able no find it
3- **EDITED**
4- you will get advanced menu on the screen enter it , go to camera 1 , go to pixel compen and enter it
5- its very important to know that you do this after 1 or 2 hours running your camcorder
after that you will find the dead pixel disappear

Where can I got this menu EDITED??? I'm not able no find this option
Alan Farrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2006, 09:07 PM   #2
Trustee

Alan,

Head cleaning required? Go into the menu and look for the drum hours and fan hours on the camera. What does it read? Clogged heads on a brand new camera is pretty rare. What type of tape did you put in the camera to begin with?
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2006, 09:15 PM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen L. Noe
Alan,

Head cleaning required? Go into the menu and look for the drum hours and fan hours on the camera. What does it read? Clogged heads on a brand new camera is pretty rare. What type of tape did you put in the camera to begin with?
I used JVC mINI dv Tape
http://www.catalog.com/shop/188264/j...hd.camcorders/
And thanks for you quick response
You Know something about my second question?
Thanx
Old January 8th, 2006, 10:44 PM   #4
Wrangler

Alan,

You have 3 problems and you just picked it up. I would take it back to B&H right away and get them to take a look at it or give you a new one. Next time test it before you walk out of the store. According to reports, all of the U.S. cameras have been through a Q.C. process before shipping to the dealers.

If you can't perceive the split screen under +9 dB (test it on a flat surface and adjust the iris until you see it) then consider yourself lucky. Set your master black to -1 and you'll probably never see it under 9dB.

You should not be getting the "head cleaning" warning yet. I have exclusively used those JVC tapes since August and that message has never appeared. I've never cleaned the heads.
This just isn't right for a brand new camera unless the heads were clogged during QC. Maybe a tape transport problem?

The dead pixel is common and is easily fixed. Have the technician at B&H mask it for you when you take it back to them to clean the heads.

Your quote (I'm not sure where you found it) had been edited by either me or another moderator to prevent public disclosure of how a JVC technician accesses the ADVANCED MENU. It is one of those "common knowledge" things that many of us already know or have personally been taught by a JVC tech, but it is safer for the end user not to play with service menu options that may harm your camera or void your warranty.
Old January 9th, 2006, 09:46 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Alan
I think you post my massage about how you could fix dead pixels and Tim has edit for important reason , I get this information by JVC Germany , they side they are send it to all user HD100 in Germany so if you are interesting to know that contact your local JVC dealer , if not you can contact me or Tim , for me I will so happy to help you .
Mouayed Zabtia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2006, 11:35 AM   #6
New Boot

Mouayed Zabtia

Thank you for you replay, I got you, sorry for my silly question, ok Tim edited your message, Today or tomorrow I'm Going to my dealer but anyway I would like to contact you. How can I do it? By personal E-mail? By Phone? I live In New Jersey Usa,

Thanxx you Again
Old January 10th, 2006, 05:23 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Hi alan
sorry I'm so far from you I'm from Libya , If you want to contact me you can do that by email, phone will be so expansive for you , if you want any information about HD100 I can give it I will , I have good experience with it coz I was form a few first people get it when it was in the market last summer , please email me when you want I will be so happy to give you any informations.
smallcinma@yahoo.com
Mouayed Zabtia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2006, 05:31 AM   #8
Major Player

Hi Mouayed, can you sent me the info aswell please?
You can find my email address when you click my name.
I don't post it here, because I will open a gate to receive spam otherwise.
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2006, 12:48 AM   #9
Regular Crew

There have been a few cases where JVC has put refurbished units back into distribution. Like someone else said, check the drum hours. Either which way you should exchange the camera ASAP.
Albert Henson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems