Local (Chicago or wherever) HD100 Transfer to DigiBeta? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 9th, 2006, 10:36 PM   #1
Major Player

Local (Chicago or wherever) HD100 Transfer to DigiBeta?

Hi all.

I've had my HD100 rented for the past month to a corporate client for a national campaign. They're using it as a portable and affordable B-roll cam to a Varicam. Very good results, and the camera has performed well overall.

All has been good, until they flew to Vegas last week. For some reason the bag had to end up checked plane-side, and it really got its ass kicked (anton mount cracked, pulled the battery mounting screws out of the chassis, and unfortunately, the tape mechanism is locked up and pretty hosed (can't open or close - no tapes trapped).

Obviously, I'll need to send my camera in for repairs, which they'll have to cover.

In the meantime, can anyone do a transfer to Digibeta (they were simply dubbing out of the camera to DigiBeta via a component cable - yes, yes, I know, I know - potentially lossy), but the results were fine for them, and it's necessary based on their editing platform.

Otherwise, is anyone interested in renting their JVC deck or camera for around 4 hours worth of transfer/dubs, so they can dub at their facility?

I'm in mid-state Illinois, but I'm sure they'd take reputable offers from wherever.

Shoot me an email if you're interested - I can pass it on to the client while mine is getting fixed.

Thanks,

Shawn Alyasiri
email: shawn.alyasiri@verizon.net
Shawn Alyasiri is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems