24p and 25p in Final Cut Pro 5. NATIVE HDV at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 12th, 2006, 05:21 AM   #1
New Boot

24p and 25p in Final Cut Pro 5. NATIVE HDV

I'm using HDVxDV to capture and edit 24p. Also I found a great way to capture and edit 25p using this same software.

Here's what I do:

I Capture using HDVXDV. (Watching the video through Component on monitor)

Then I found out that the fastest and BEST way is to batch convert these files to ....... are you ready? 720 30P HDV codec. The HDVXDV software automaticly removes the repeated flags out of the M2T and makes a 24p Movie for you to use in FCP5.

Now I've tried this many times and it seems that even though FCP5 Doesn't allow you to capture 24p and 25p yet. It still supports it. If you make a custom setup using the HDV codec from FCP5 you can edit with realtime benefits in which ever frame rate you want. Don't get thrown off by the name of the codec 720 30P. The power is there. USE IT.

Also I'm using the new KONA LH and it's fully supporting it with realtime monitoring and down converting to my SONY monitor.

Now about 25p. Use the same way to capture. Then Export just like described here above making 24p Movies. What happens is that HDVXDV Converts and Conforms the 25P footage to 24P, also removing the repeaded flags off off the M2T. Then all you have to do is locate the folder with all the qt's and ask CINEMATOOLS to batchconform the clips to 25P and "BOOM" you have 25P clips to edit in your custom setup 25p HDV Project.

Also, since this is NATIVE HDV. HDVXDV is much faster making the HDV clips than any other QT like DVCPROHD.

You're working native HDV. Full Quality. The same way you would if FCP allowed Native capturing. Spread the word. HDVXDV is the BEST sollution so far.

Have fun.

Last edited by Bragi Hinriksson; January 12th, 2006 at 02:16 PM.
Bragi Hinriksson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems