JVC Battery Rattle, you have this? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 14th, 2006, 11:48 PM   #1
Major Player

JVC Battery Rattle, you have this?

I have yet to see any threads that talk about the "rattle" you get when using the HD100, did I miss something somewhere? I noticed when shooting shoulder and moving around that I got this crazy rattle and it bugs the $#@ out of me, turns out it's the battery, it does not mount tight enough to the camera. Is this just mine or do others have this problem when using the default JVC batterys? How have you stopped it from doing so?

Peace!
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 12:51 AM   #2
Major Player

Solutions, Anton Bauer batteries mounted to the QR-JVC7/14HDV. At leats I have not run into any problems.

http://pro.jvc.com/prof/Attributes/f...l_id=MDL101582
Brian Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 09:51 AM   #3
Major Player

Thank you Brian, I'm aware of the optional Anton-Bauer battery package. But I was refering to the factory battery that comes with the JVC, we have 3 extra batteries all factory and the fit is a bit poor. They rattle around when the camera is in carry and not locked down on sticks.

Has anyone had the same issue, and if so what have they done to quiet the rattle. Or... am I missing something that goes on the back of the camera to dampen this?
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Patton
Is this just mine or do others have this problem when using the default JVC batterys? How have you stopped it from doing so?
Peace!
It's not just you. I had the same symptom but now I'm using the Varizoom battery with AB adapter. Man, what a difference it makes!

--
Paolo
Paolo Ciccone is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems