Test I would like to see at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 16th, 2006, 03:22 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Test I would like to see

On of the shortcomings of dv25 was the poor handling of brightly colored plaids and polka dots, especially with any sort of motion by the person wearing them.
The recorded video would literally fall apart, especially on close ups.

Could someone capture brightly colored plaids, with strong contrast between colors, and the same with polka dots and see what happens? Paning, zooming, trucking....even in a controlled situation. Could have an effect on wardrobe choices.

Thanks in advance.

Joe C.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2006, 05:11 PM   #2
Trustee

Hi Joe,

There is a compensation circuit in the camera to handle just that situation. It is in the detail section of the menu's. There are extensive adjustments to handle Horizontal frequency and Vertical frequency for repeating patterns large or small. If you get a minute to download the manual you'll see that JVC has considered this scenario with thoughtful adjustments to make sure the video results suit the DP or artist.

take care...
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2006, 01:30 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks, I wasn't going to download untill I actually got the thing. Sorry for posting a request that was already answered.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems