HD100 filmout to show in LA and Chicago - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 3rd, 2006, 11:13 PM   #46
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Weaver
In general, it seems the larger the display (whether film, or electronic projection, or 50" plasma) the less edge enhancement you want. Conversely, if you're downconverting to SD for display on the average 19" set, the "Normal" detail setting would probably look great.
I've seen this in my experimentation as well. At the event they had various HDTV sizes with camera's connected to them. I was talking with some of the others about detail and as we experimented with the settings, the small screen's benefitted from added detail and the larger screens benefitted from less detail. I don't know if you could get away with the detail off. We'll soon see. The next gig is commercial work and I hope to shoot dual HD-100's with completely different detail settings (albeit the same scene file and whitebalance). I'll try detail off opposed to detail -3 unless someone has a better suggestion for this scenario.

we'll see...
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 11:41 PM   #47
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Holtermann
Stephen,

Any chance you will post some of these clips for us to download and view? I went to the JVC event in LA but didn't make the Chicago one - well it's a bit far ;)

I picked up a JVC HD100 yesterday so I'll go shoot some stuff this weekend. I'll try to post various examples at different settings at some point this weekend of early part of next week.
I'll post a wmv (I know the mac guys cringe) and an SD DVD ISO for anyone to burn and get a look at it. First I'll have to find some more web space to put the files up. The 4 Gigs of space from last month have dried up.
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 12:11 AM   #48
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen L. Noe
I'll post a wmv (I know the mac guys cringe)
WMV is fine for the mac guys (using the free flip4mac wmv plugin for quicktime http://www.flip4mac.com ) as long as it is WM9 series, not 10. WM10 codec doesn't seem to work on the mac yet.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems