DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   JVC - IDX Battery Kit Promotion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/58936-jvc-idx-battery-kit-promotion.html)

Edwin Huang January 23rd, 2006 11:55 AM

JVC - IDX Battery Kit Promotion

Thought this would be of interest to people thinking of buying the JVC in the next 2 months.

In celebration of its recent achievements, JVC is pleased to announce the GY-HD100U Power Promotion which rewards end users purchasing a new GY-HD100U from an authorized JVC Professional Product reseller with a LE-HD100KIT IDX ENDURA Battery/Charger Kit (retail value: $1,145.00) directly from JVC at no extra charge.
Resellers purchasing GY-HD100U camcorders shipped from JVC between Jan. 1, 2006 and February 28, 2006 will be provided individually serialized redemption certificates for each unit. End users are to complete and
return the certificates to the address indicated on the back along with the required proof of purchase documentation. Redemption claims for this promotion must be postmarked no later than March 31, 2006.
Key Features of the LE-HD100KIT IDX Endura Battery/Charger Kit:
1. V-Mount™ adapter * Direct connection to the GY-HD100U’s battery bay
* Powers for DR-HD100 disk recorder and accessories.
2. VL-2 Dual Battery Charger
* Exclusive economical JVC sequential 2 channel multiformat
V-Mount battery quick charger
3. E-7S Battery
* 71 watt hour (14.8v, 4.8A/h) for up to 4 hrs of continuous GY-HD100U operation
Promotion Participation Requirements & Benefits:
* Participating resellers will be posted by name on the JVC Professional web site: www.jvc.com/pro
* Participating resellers will be provided inventory protection of GY-HD100U units currently in stock.
Thank you for your contributing efforts in making the GY-HD100U such an overwhelming success!

I already have an PAG system, but hey, a free battery system is a free battery system.

Stephen L. Noe January 23rd, 2006 12:16 PM

Edwin,

Where did you find this information? On JVC's site?

Edwin Huang January 23rd, 2006 12:48 PM

I found it on a couple of websites of authorized dealers that sell JVC gear that wasn't B&H. With the policy of not promoting non-sponsers of DV-info, I don't want to get in trouble.

Perhaps the best way is to look at the authorized dealers from JVC's website and go backwards from there.

Peter Shindler January 23rd, 2006 02:47 PM

What about those of us who have had this camera for a while? I was looking to get the IDX or AB mount, but I have to save up, since I am just a poor college kid right now.

Jim Giberti January 23rd, 2006 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwin Huang
Thought this would be of interest to people thinking of buying the JVC in the next 2 months.

In celebration of its recent achievements, JVC is pleased to announce the GY-HD100U Power Promotion which rewards end users purchasing a new GY-HD100U from an authorized JVC Professional Product reseller with a LE-HD100KIT IDX ENDURA Battery/Charger Kit (retail value: $1,145.00) directly from JVC at no extra charge.
Resellers purchasing GY-HD100U camcorders shipped from JVC between Jan. 1, 2006 and February 28, 2006 will be provided individually serialized redemption certificates for each unit. End users are to complete and
return the certificates to the address indicated on the back along with the required proof of purchase documentation. Redemption claims for this promotion must be postmarked no later than March 31, 2006.
Key Features of the LE-HD100KIT IDX Endura Battery/Charger Kit:
1. V-Mount™ adapter * Direct connection to the GY-HD100U’s battery bay
* Powers for DR-HD100 disk recorder and accessories.
2. VL-2 Dual Battery Charger
* Exclusive economical JVC sequential 2 channel multiformat
V-Mount battery quick charger
3. E-7S Battery
* 71 watt hour (14.8v, 4.8A/h) for up to 4 hrs of continuous GY-HD100U operation
Promotion Participation Requirements & Benefits:
* Participating resellers will be posted by name on the JVC Professional web site: www.jvc.com/pro
* Participating resellers will be provided inventory protection of GY-HD100U units currently in stock.
Thank you for your contributing efforts in making the GY-HD100U such an overwhelming success!

I already have an PAG system, but hey, a free battery system is a free battery system.

That's certainly a sweet incentive considering that the battery system is the weakest comparative link for the HD100.
I was literally just about to order one from B&H and now I've got to check and see if they're part of the promotion.

Thanks Edwin...this is cool.

Paul Jefferies January 23rd, 2006 07:36 PM

Do you know if this promotion is US only? I just got a leaflet from JVC in UK with a special offer of free Canopus Edius software when buying the HD100/101 - nice, but not as nice as a free battery kit

Vincent Rozenberg January 23rd, 2006 07:54 PM

In the Netherlands the dealers have the same offer, without having to contact JVC.

Joel Aaron January 23rd, 2006 08:16 PM

Here's a link to the battery kit:

http://pro.jvc.com/prof/Attributes/f...l_id=MDL101584

Guy Barwood January 24th, 2006 04:07 AM

Any one interested in selling the 'free' kit they might get with their HD100 please let me know.

glasseye@glasseye.com.au

Mainly interested in the IDX adaptor as I have VMount batteries and charger but will consider the full kit if the price is good.

Randall Brown January 24th, 2006 06:24 PM

Also looking to buy a kit...

Of course this happens after I get the cam.. Anyone want to sell, after Guy of course.. let me know. I would like the entire kit...

Terry Nixon January 26th, 2006 11:16 AM

Not all dealers are participating in the Free IDX Battery/PS promo.

The kits are only on new stock that dealers have to order since the promo was announced.

Camera's that qualify for the promotion ship with a claim certificate.

The claim certificate is submitted by the enduser to JVC to claim the free IDX products. I'm not sure how long this process is going to take.

Jim Giberti January 27th, 2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry Nixon
Not all dealers are participating in the Free IDX Battery/PS promo.

The kits are only on new stock that dealers have to order since the promo was announced.

Camera's that qualify for the promotion ship with a claim certificate.

The claim certificate is submitted by the enduser to JVC to claim the free IDX products. I'm not sure how long this process is going to take.

Actually the people I dealt with were able to ship me a camera overnight for this project and told me that they were in the process of collecting the serial numbers on the existing stcok and that JVC was shipping them coupons for thise cameras that they had since Jan 1...she told me they expected to have the coupons for existing stock perhaps today and would send me the coupon next week.

Terry Nixon January 27th, 2006 01:44 PM

The IDX Promotion Certificates are given only to dealers that order more GY-HD100U inventory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Giberti
Actually the people I dealt with were able to ship me a camera overnight for this project and told me that they were in the process of collecting the serial numbers on the existing stcok and that JVC was shipping them coupons for thise cameras that they had since Jan 1...she told me they expected to have the coupons for existing stock perhaps today and would send me the coupon next week.

Shawn Alyasiri January 27th, 2006 03:27 PM

Is B&H participating (or other sponsors of this site)?

Chris Basmas January 28th, 2006 12:31 AM

Can i use this free battery promo together with my $2000 coupon?
I got the coupon last sep. when i bought the dv-5100.
I' get the hd100 in Feb. and if i don't like i might sell it.