Price increase Feb 1st?? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 27th, 2006, 12:17 AM   #16
Wrangler
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Henson
I heard today from my dealer that the price increase of the hd100 will be due to the new and improved lens that will be included with the camera. All he said was that the lens would help eliminate the SSE substantially-Not completely and that the camera would be much more versatile in low light situations.
IF there were a new lens, it would have nothing to do with reduced SSE. SSE is an electronic issue, not an optical one.
__________________
Tim Dashwood
Tim Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2006, 09:43 AM   #17
Major Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tokyo/Sydney
Posts: 297
Tim I have a case of CA maybe its what they are talking about, not Split Screen
__________________
"eyes through a digital world"
Jemore Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2006, 11:22 AM   #18
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Centreville Va
Posts: 1,828
reducing CA makes sense. If thats the case, I'm more than happy to wait for a new version even if it's a little more expensive. And if I can get the cool battery stuff, then great.
The CA issues were about the only concern left I had with this camera.
I just don't like to finance things, prefer to pay cash, so it takes me a little longer.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2006, 12:01 PM   #19
Trustee
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Henson
I heard today from my dealer that the price increase of the hd100 will be due to the new and improved lens that will be included with the camera. All he said was that the lens would help eliminate the SSE substantially-Not completely and that the camera would be much more versatile in low light situations. He also mentioned that something was up corporately with JVC and the communication with the dealerships has not been efficient lately. So-in a nutshell dealers have been informed of a new lens being released with the cameras sent after feb 1st. They conveyed this-but do not reply to the queries of the dealers.

Any JVC reps out there care to comment?

I think I will be looking at buying one of the new units. The battery pack deal is sweet-but if the SSE is gone it will save more headaches in the long run.

I find it hard to believe as the SSE is not related to the lens. The price increase may be because of a new lens which will have less CA etc, but I don't see any lens helping in the SSE.
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2006, 01:32 PM   #20
Major Player
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 248
Perhaps it's indirectly related in that lens flaring seems to stimulate the SSE most (for me) and I have a real problem with this lens catching flare very easily--more so than any lens I've used before.

I've never heard anyone else mention it but it's been a real pain for me.
Warren Shultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:43 PM   #21
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 65
My understanding, as I have interrpreted my dealer to understand is that JVC's thinking is that the improved lens will allow for improved shooting in low light-which is where most of the reports of the SSE occur.

Don't shoot the messenger.
Albert Henson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2006, 11:12 PM   #22
New Boot
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21
There is no improved lens everything is the same ... they are just pricing the cam close to the other 3 HD cameras
Rod Finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2006, 10:14 AM   #23
New Boot
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6
Price Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Finch
There is no improved lens everything is the same ... they are just pricing the cam close to the other 3 HD cameras
How do you know this Rod?
Paul Larche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2006, 12:13 PM   #24
Trustee
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Shultz
Perhaps it's indirectly related in that lens flaring seems to stimulate the SSE most (for me) and I have a real problem with this lens catching flare very easily--more so than any lens I've used before.

I've never heard anyone else mention it but it's been a real pain for me.
For lens flaring just use a matte box.
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2006, 12:26 AM   #25
New Boot
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21
I called and asked .. and that is what I was told
Rod Finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2006, 10:25 AM   #26
Major Player
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bloomington, IL
Posts: 256
?? - Is this an incomplete poste above? You said you called, etc...
Shawn Alyasiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2006, 11:43 AM   #27
Major Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kelowna BC Canada
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Alyasiri
?? - Is this an incomplete poste above? You said you called, etc...
Just go back to his previous post and... it makes sense.
__________________
www.ascentfilms.com
Jiri Bakala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2006, 12:10 PM   #28
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 244
no lens news to dealers

Regarding rumours of a new lens, i have not been told by JVC nor have i seen any JVC dealer memo's indicating that a new lens is in the works.
Terry Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2006, 01:17 PM   #29
New Boot
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 24
RE: Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Nixon
Regarding rumours of a new lens, i have not been told by JVC nor have i seen any JVC dealer memo's indicating that a new lens is in the works.
So, new lens aside, as a whole are we accepting that this price increase is happening? If so, I may need to push this purchase though this week. Our budget can't take a $1100 hit.
__________________
Equipment: GY-HD100, DP 1.8 GHz G5, FCP 5
Mark Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2006, 07:36 PM   #30
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ - USA
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Love
So, new lens aside, as a whole are we accepting that this price increase is happening? If so, I may need to push this purchase though this week. Our budget can't take a $1100 hit.
I haven't seen $1100 increase quoted anywhere. Where did you get that idea? Does anyone know what the increase will be and how long the battery deal will be in place?
Joel Aaron is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:14 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network