Price increase Feb 1st?? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 29th, 2006, 08:06 PM   #31
Major Player

Any info about price increase in Europe?
Diogo Athouguia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2006, 08:11 PM   #32
Trustee

If it will go up in the U.S., Europe will sure follow.
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2006, 08:49 PM   #33
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Aaron
I haven't seen $1100 increase quoted anywhere. Where did you get that idea? Does anyone know what the increase will be and how long the battery deal will be in place?
Price go up by $390 as Feb. 1
Also, the battery adapter-battery-charger combo will included till Feb.28
Least my dealer told me Friday, when I ordered my second HD100
Some reason I don't beleive the lens upgrade. My dealer never heard about new lens. (Armato's)

Laszlo
Laszlo Horvath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 05:07 AM   #34
Major Player

Just spoke to JVC Europe. The guy there said that he knows of no price increases over here and that they are completely separate from JVC US. Looks like it might skip us then.
Mike Marriage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 05:31 AM   #35
Trustee

That may be because Europe's price is already over priced.
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 10:36 AM   #36
Inner Circle

Could be because of US/Japan currency fluctuations. Or they just want more money. If the battery kit is included, maybe not such a bad thing after all?
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 03:12 PM   #37
Regular Crew

JVC HD100U Power Promotion Package NOT available in Canada

I just got off the phone with a JVC Canada Rep and he clearly stated that Canadian JVC Dealers would NOT be offering the Power Promotion package in Canada. Instead, they are offering new pricing which includes the KA-551 Tripod Plate and the WCV-82SC Wide Converter that has bumped the street price up by approx $500 CAN.

It appears that most of the JVC dealers in Canada opted for this alternative pricing promotion to avoid cutting into the profitablity of portable battery sales.

If anyone knows of any authorized Canadian dealers that are doing otherwise, I'd be interested in having that information.
Michael Lafleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 04:34 PM   #38
Inner Circle

At least 2 of our sponsers, zotz and evs ARE participating in the idx battery promotion, both with excellent prices too. All I had to do was ask about it.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 05:08 PM   #39
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Lafleur
I just got off the phone with a JVC Canada Rep and he clearly stated that Canadian JVC Dealers would NOT be offering the Power Promotion package in Canada. Instead, they are offering new pricing which includes the KA-551 Tripod Plate and the WCV-82SC Wide Converter that has bumped the street price up by approx $500 CAN.
This is a smart move IMO, and a very good deal at only $500 increase. These are both JVC distributed items so there will be no delays sending in redeemable "coupons" or waiting for IDX stock (as I did, and then just went with AB instead.)
It also gives the end users the option to choose a 3rd party power system to fit their own production environment.

And welcome to the forum Michael. We live in the same area. I can hook you up with my dealer in Hamilton if you want.
Old January 30th, 2006, 08:00 PM   #40
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Carney
At least 2 of our sponsers, zotz and evs ARE participating in the idx battery promotion, both with excellent prices too. All I had to do was ask about it.

I wish I knew that...Brian at Zotz is a good guy and they've done well by me.
If I continue to be impressed with it, I'll get our second HD100 from them.
Jim Giberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 08:37 PM   #41
Regular Crew

What is the CV-82SC Wide Converter? Is that just the adaptor to fit different lenses, or is it a len enhancement?
Albert Henson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 08:40 PM   #42
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Henson
What is the CV-82SC Wide Converter? Is that just the adaptor to fit different lenses, or is it a len enhancement?
It attaches to the end of the stock lens. It turns the stock lens into a approximately a 16x4.5 (4.5mm to 72mm instead of 5.5mm to 88mm)
Old January 30th, 2006, 08:41 PM   #43
Regular Crew

Tim who is your dealer in Hamilton? I'm from the west coast...but I'm keen to see if prices are more competitive on the east?
Albert Henson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 08:47 PM   #44
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Henson
Albert,

As I understand it, the WCV-82SC will 'widen' the standard Th 16x5.5 RMU lens that ships with the camera by a factor of approx. 30% or .7. If you want to see the item, its on page 15 of the JVC HD100U brochure.
You can downlaod the brochure at
http://pro.jvc.com/prof/Attributes/c...&feature_id=12

Hope that helps
Michael Lafleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 09:15 PM   #45
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Lafleur
Albert,

As I understand it, the WCV-82SC will 'widen' the standard Th 16x5.5 RMU lens that ships with the camera by a factor of approx. 30% or .7. If you want to see the item, its on page 15 of the JVC HD100U brochure.
You can downlaod the brochure at
http://pro.jvc.com/prof/Attributes/c...&feature_id=12
The factor is 0.82x

Cavision has a 0.7x http://www.cavision.com/optics/broadcast/BWA07X86.htm and century has a 0.7x and a 0.5x that may work. http://www.centuryoptics.com/product...cast/index.htm

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems