Price increase Feb 1st?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 24th, 2006, 09:14 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Price increase Feb 1st??

I just got off the phone with my JVC rep. He says JVC is going up on their GY HD100 prices Feb. 1st. However he didn't have any details. Anyone else heard this?
Council Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 12:11 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Could be a good thing if they come out with a better lens, battery etc... The free battery thing ends on Feb. 28th which makes things awkward for a Feb. 1 price increase. As it is the US streetprice is $5k from an authorized dealer - 10% under MAP.
Edwin Huang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 02:20 PM   #3
Regular Crew

When you say, JVC Rep, do you mean someone within JVC or a sales rep who handles JVC merchandise? If its the latter, it sounds like a pressure tactic to close a sale.

I hope Edwin is right, new batteries and lens options would be very interesting. I noticed quite a few people holding out for the HVX are starting to throw in the towel, especially after the HD100 held its own in Barry Green's shoot-out. Addressing two of the HD100's weaknesses could turn a lot of heads, especially the guys that are high up on the waiting lists. I guess we'll see in a week...
Steve Roark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 04:09 PM   #4
Go Cycle

They are going up $50 US Dollars after Feb 1st.
Old January 24th, 2006, 04:15 PM   #5
Regular Crew

$50 doesn't sound like it would buy a wide-angle lens option :(
Steve Roark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 04:18 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I heard it from my local sales rep. Yeah I thought it might be a sales tactic but he's a pretty stand up guy. I asked if they (JVC) would be making any improvments along with the price increase and he said not that he's aware of.
Old January 26th, 2006, 11:07 AM   #7

price increase on Feb 1

I got the memo yesterday from JVC about the price increase.

The cost goes up by several hundred feb 1.

List is still $6295.
Terry Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2006, 12:43 PM   #8
Major Player

crickey

Blimey, if thats true then its probably the first electrical product in history thats gonna be worth the same on the first of Feb as when you made a purchase a couple of months ago. Strange.
Greg Corke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2006, 02:20 PM   #9
Inner Circle

Crud, I wasn't going to have the cash together until mid Feb.
Not sure if it's worth the extra, unless there is a better lense.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2006, 02:48 PM   #10
Inner Circle

deleted double post
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2006, 03:30 PM   #11
Regular Crew

I've done it...

Okay I'll admit it. The price increase Feb. 1st has made me place the order. I was pretty darn sure it was going to happen anyway, just not so soon. But what the hey I'm tired of reading about the camera and occassionally getting a 30minute demo. I want one of my own. Now the question is how long will it take for me to get my free battery kit.
Old January 26th, 2006, 06:15 PM   #12
Major Player

The free battery kit is probably the reason why the price will be increased.
Diogo Athouguia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2006, 06:20 PM   #13
Trustee

Price increase may just be to catch up with the price drop it had earlier on, maybe as an incentive to early customers to buy it after all the bad "fake" press it was getting. Now that it seems to be selling well and people have realized all the fuzz was just that, fuzz, the demand is growing and meeting JVC's expectations, so they will probably bring the camera back to what's worth and or projected to sell (to recover their R&D and production costs). Just my guess and quite honestly the camera is worth the money, even the MSRP if you ask me. It’s all about demand too and the HD100 seems to be the hottest selling HD camera right now. I doubt Canon or Panasonic will sell as many. Who would have thought after all the fuzz uh? Well I did. After I bought mine I knew soon or latter the BS would succumb to the awesome camera’s performance and the truth would came out.
Signed: Very Happy Early Adopter.
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2006, 12:00 AM   #14
Regular Crew

I heard today from my dealer that the price increase of the hd100 will be due to the new and improved lens that will be included with the camera. All he said was that the lens would help eliminate the SSE substantially-Not completely and that the camera would be much more versatile in low light situations. He also mentioned that something was up corporately with JVC and the communication with the dealerships has not been efficient lately. So-in a nutshell dealers have been informed of a new lens being released with the cameras sent after feb 1st. They conveyed this-but do not reply to the queries of the dealers.

Any JVC reps out there care to comment?

I think I will be looking at buying one of the new units. The battery pack deal is sweet-but if the SSE is gone it will save more headaches in the long run.
Albert Henson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2006, 12:09 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Nixon
I got the memo yesterday from JVC about the price increase.

The cost goes up by several hundred feb 1.

List is still $6295.
I don't catch why? The usual is the opposite...

BTW, how much hundred(s)?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems