On It's Way...the battery deal at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 25th, 2006, 01:17 PM   #1
Major Player

On It's Way...the battery deal

Again and for the record, thanks to Chris and company for such a intelligent and well run resource. From a business guy stand point, it's so great to be able to get so much quality info at times like the "great HD transition".

Also thanks to Edwin for the heads-up on the IDX incentive.

Amazingly after a being a long time Canon guy and spending weeks vacillating between the H1 and the HVX, I've jumped ship and ordered the HD100.
I had made that decision a couple of days ago but then had to make sure I was working with people offering the new IDX promo.
So it's on it's way today and I have all of 48 hours to get it here and shoot this HD pre-Olympic segment.

For the record and for anyone looking the IDX thing seems to be a bit confusing for some of the people I talked to.
The first person said they couldn't ship today because they had to have fresh stock from JVC with the coupons matching the HD100 serial numbers.
I figured there goes this shoot, I'll have to rent HD for this deadline, but as it turned out he was wrong.
A call to G&G got me someone very informed about the camera and IDX promo (what a nice surprise) who told me JVC was collecting serial numbers from all of the existing stock from Jan 1 on and that they could overnight me the camera and send me the coupon next week.
Apparently the promo is really working because she was incredibly well informed...of course I couldn't pick up a 2nd battery (power 2000) because they had sold out to people saying the same thing as me "I need the extra battery life immediately, but I'm not going to invest in anything more than that".
So it's nice to finally make a decision and move on.
I'll try and post some of this footage next week.
Jim Giberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2006, 04:38 AM   #2
Major Player

not in the UK...

Good luck with your new camera and its free IDX battery kit. Buyers in the UK (as usual) are not getting the good deals that the rest of the world get, as JVC is not doing the battery promotion here.
Paul Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2006, 07:34 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Jefferies
Good luck with your new camera and its free IDX battery kit. Buyers in the UK (as usual) are not getting the good deals that the rest of the world get, as JVC is not doing the battery promotion here.
I'm not so sure this time atcually. If you go to

http://www.creativevideo.co.uk/home/

and look up the JVC unit. It appears they giving a free battery away. Or are you talking about the exiting users?
Rabi Syid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2006, 09:46 AM   #4
Major Player

That high capacity battery from Creative Video is a JVC 3.8 A/h and it's not free. They have 2 different prices, one for the camera, battery and bag and another for the camera only. I purchased mine there.
Diogo Athouguia is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems