Fisheye Lens at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 28th, 2006, 04:52 PM   #1
Tourist

Fisheye Lens

Anyone know if a company makes a fisheye lens for the JVC hd cam yet. or any economical way i could get and adapter
Brett Sorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2006, 09:59 PM   #2
Major Player

Maybe you can try a nikon lens, therefore you would need the mount, I know this is sad but I just make the fish eye effect through post on FCP.
Old January 29th, 2006, 10:12 AM   #3
Contributor

there are plenty of fisheye adapters on the market - however Ihad a quick look over at B&H and there was nothing cheap that would fit an ENG style lens like the HD100's. The best bet there was a Fujinon half inch fisheye @ $460 but you'd also need the rather expensive one third to half inch adapter that JVC/Fujinin sel, plus the FOV crop would reduce the effect.

Century optics make one but it's expensive, plus you need an expensive step up ring as well.

You could try the 72mm Cavision with a step down ring but you will probably get some vignetting - it's the cheapest of the solutions.
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2006, 10:58 PM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemore Santos
Maybe you can try a nikon lens, therefore you would need the mount, I know this is sad but I just make the fish eye effect through post on FCP.
The Nikon fisheye is 10.5mm, not wide enough to get fisheye on a 1/3" CCD.
You would need a lens that has a focal length of about 2mm to get fisheye on 1/3".

The best option for fisheye is a 35mm adapter, and then use a 10mm or 12mm lens.
Old January 30th, 2006, 11:49 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Fisheye

Or buy the sigma 35mm 180 fisheye, but you would need a M2 or PS technik adapter
Yusuf Thakur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 02:52 AM   #6

magnificent/multiplication factor?

If we are talking about a 1/3" CCD, a fisheye lens will have or not a 7.2 magnificent/multiplication factor similar than the XL-H1's EF adapter?

That is a 16mm lens would behave like a 115mm, isn't it?
Old February 7th, 2006, 09:20 PM   #7
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mitchell
there are plenty of fisheye adapters on the market - however Ihad a quick look over at B&H and there was nothing cheap that would fit an ENG style lens like the HD100's. The best bet there was a Fujinon half inch fisheye @ $460 but you'd also need the rather expensive one third to half inch adapter that JVC/Fujinin sel, plus the FOV crop would reduce the effect.

Century optics make one but it's expensive, plus you need an expensive step up ring as well.

You could try the 72mm Cavision with a step down ring but you will probably get some vignetting - it's the cheapest of the solutions.

All I know is what I don't want is to put the fisheye on the 72 mm lens. i was trying to find a 1'3 fisheye out there but i don't think there is one. but i am going to check into the one half inch adapter and see how that would work.
Brett Sorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 09:36 PM   #8
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Sorem
All I know is what I don't want is to put the fisheye on the 72 mm lens. i was trying to find a 1'3 fisheye out there but i don't think there is one. but i am going to check into the one half inch adapter and see how that would work.
It won't make a difference. Focal length is focal length. A 1/3" CCD is not going to go fisheye unless you find a 0.5x wide adapter or find a lens with a focal length of around 2mm. I know of no such lens in 1/3", 1/2" or 2/3".
Old February 7th, 2006, 09:58 PM   #9
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
It won't make a difference. Focal length is focal length. A 1/3" CCD is not going to go fisheye unless you find a 0.5x wide adapter or find a lens with a focal length of around 2mm. I know of no such lens in 1/3", 1/2" or 2/3".
Tim - wouldn't a half inch fisheye still have some distortion despite the FOV crop? I've seen a fisheye on a 2/3" broadcast camera and if I cropped the centre it would still be distorted (albeit reduced)

I'd always surmised that as any lens gets wider you have to optically correct to avoid distortion - and that fisheye lenses don't bother to do that.
The lens at B&H does not give a focal length....

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...x=11&image.y=8
John Mitchell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems