JVC Promotions for Canadians(?) at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 2nd, 2006, 06:22 PM   #1
Major Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Burnaby & Maple Ridge BC
Posts: 282
JVC Promotions for Canadians(?)

I couldn't help but notice that we Canadians are being left out of all the latest JVC promotions. JVC in the US has the IDX battery promotion and JVC in Europe is now offering a free copy of Edius. Any chance on throwing some biscuits our way?
Earl Thurston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2006, 07:23 PM   #2
Wrangler
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Thurston
I couldn't help but notice that we Canadians are being left out of all the latest JVC promotions. JVC in the US has the IDX battery promotion and JVC in Europe is now offering a free copy of Edius. Any chance on throwing some biscuits our way?
They are, and I think it is the best deal.

JVC Canada (as of yesterday I think) now throws in the .82x wide converter and the tripod adapter plate for the same price. I was quoted $6995 CDN yesterday by my dealer.

These are both items that everyone really needs, doesn't involve third party suppliers, and it leaves you open to choose your own power system.
__________________
Tim Dashwood
Tim Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 01:44 PM   #3
Major Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Burnaby & Maple Ridge BC
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
JVC Canada (as of yesterday I think) now throws in the .82x wide converter and the tripod adapter plate for the same price.
My dealer just mentioned something similar -- he's just waiting for more details from JVC. Sounds like a good offer. (Hmm...now, I wonder if it applies to people who already bought within the last month.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
I was quoted $6995 CDN yesterday by my dealer.
Whoa...that seems a bit high. CineQuip White out here in Burnaby sold us ours for $5,700 CDN (before taxes, no extras).
Earl Thurston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 10:20 PM   #4
Wrangler
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Thurston
Whoa...that seems a bit high. CineQuip White out here in Burnaby sold us ours for $5,700 CDN (before taxes, no extras).
That sounds like cost price. I don't see how they could possibly make any anything on markup at that price?
__________________
Tim Dashwood
Tim Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:35 AM   #5
Major Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Burnaby & Maple Ridge BC
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
That sounds like cost price. I don't see how they could possibly make any anything on markup at that price?
Indeed, I was quite surprised myself when I got the quote. Was expecting something closer to $6,700 - $7,000. So, maybe they made a mistake.
Earl Thurston is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:00 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network