Great cable arrived today at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 4th, 2006, 06:16 PM   #1
Major Player

Great cable arrived today

Today I finally received the cable I ordered from Chris at Redco Audio for my HD100.

It is 25' long and has three 75 ohm video cables for monitoring the HD component out, two balanced XLR audio sends, and a stereo headphone return, all in a woven sheath (Chinese handcuffs).

It is every bit as light, thin and flexible as I hoped, my guess is between 3/8" and 1/2" thick but absolutely usable even for handheld. Amazingly, the thin cable elements he used don't seem flimsy. As of now, I'm a very happy camper. This cable is truly a thing of beauty, and without it I couldn't shoot the way I like to.

Call Chris at 800 572-7280
or email at: sales@redco.com

They seem to have created a part number for this configuration:

RED A1206-01

The only thing that you might want different from what they sent me was that they affixed a male 1/4 plug to the soundcart end of the headphone return, and of course I wanted female, so be sure to specify female on that end if that's what you want.

I'll probably be using a small headphone splitter or amplifier on my cart so I'll just plug into that with the male plug, or use a simple barrell adapter. No prob at all.

I love this cable. There are probably not many out there that meet the needs of an HD100 shooter (or Z-1 for that matter) this well

Tip
Tip McPartland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 06:31 PM   #2
Major Player

Sounds nice, what did you pay for it?
Vincent Rozenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 01:03 AM   #3
Major Player

Cable price

It was $150 US plus about $10 shipping. Well, well worth it. Now I'm dying to roll out the sound cart and hook up.
Old February 5th, 2006, 01:06 AM   #4
Major Player

Could the Canon use this?

Vincent,

I just noticed that you have the Canon. Does that have analog HD component as well as HD SDI. You can use a more conventional cable if monitoring via the SDI, but I imagine the monitor itself would be quite expensive or you'd have to convert somehow.
Old February 5th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #5
Major Player

Yep, it has both SDI and Component and the expensive monitors are the reason that maybe I have to think about having a component screen in combination with this cable. Though the quality is of-course less so you can call this a small dilemma..
Vincent Rozenberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems