HD100 and Matrox Axio at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 10th, 2006, 02:48 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HD100 and Matrox Axio

Hello all,
I've searched through this forum and haven't come across any postings from Axio owners... but on the off-chance there are any out there:

I bought the HD100 and an Axio system at the same time - knowing that the Axio did not fully support 720p 24/30... but hoping that would be remedied soon.

I'll keep waiting on the 24 frame support... but currently, the Axio will support 720p30 native HDV that can be transferred via firewire. However, with the much more robust codecs Axio offers (e.g., DVCproHD, uncompressed 8/10 bit), and the HD100's capability of outputting 720p60 or even 1080i over the component outputs, I'd like to try all of these and get a feel for how all the different options compare... plus, I should be able to capture footage shot 720p24 right now as 720p60 output via component.

Here's the problem: Axio only provides firewire and HD-SDI inputs - not component. Am I missing something somewhere, or do I actually have to buy a component to HD-SDI converter in order to try some of these options? Thank you.
Dave Rochelle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems