DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Multi Camera Control HD-100U (Jam Sync) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/60587-multi-camera-control-hd-100u-jam-sync.html)

Rob Stiff February 13th, 2006 03:17 PM

Multi Camera Control HD-100U (Jam Sync)

Does anyone know of a firewire box like control device that can send a command to the JVC HD-100U camera to start and stop recording?

Looking for a single device that can start and stop 3 cameras at the same time...any comments would be greatful. thanks.

Tim Dashwood February 13th, 2006 07:06 PM

I don't know of a firewire device.

However, maybe some clever engineer could create a wired remote for the trigger on the remote zoom port (on bottom of lens.) There is a schematic in the lens user guide. It looks like only 2 pins control the VTR on/off.

Marc Colemont February 14th, 2006 03:21 PM

Hi Rob,

What is the distance you need between the camera's?

I'm working on a device which has more features, but I could strip it down to do just that. It will use inexpensive Cat5 cable to connect between the the camera's (no ethernet protocol, I use the twisted wires).
In theory 100 meters (300 meters) will be possible between the camera's.
What is the time-frame you need it?
How do you want to operate?
Use one of the camera's as the Master?
The control I'm currently making will make all the camera's slave.
An external Start/Stop button triggered manually by a button (or by USB would be possible afterwards).

Rob Stiff February 24th, 2006 10:04 PM

I'll pay for the VTR system

Marc, I'll be your first customer to get three cameras to
sync as best as possible with some device.

Marc Colemont February 25th, 2006 07:43 PM

Please let me know if there is interest for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Stiff
Marc, I'll be your first customer to get three cameras to
sync as best as possible with some device.

OK, Here are the specs I'm working on:
HDV-remote Receiver:
- Start/Stop control
- High Quality Composite Video transmitter for Cat5 cable
- Manual Iris control Input
- (future) Intercom RTS/ClearCom compatible option.
- Fujinon cable which connects to the lens, RJ45 XLR to the control unit.
- No external power required.

HDV-Remote control:
- upto 4 cameras can be simultaineoulsy sync controlled for Start/Stop
- Manual Iris control for each individual camera with precision potentiometers
- 4 High quality Cat5 Composite Video receiver inputs
- 4 Composite outputs to be able to view the camera video outputs at the control side.
- (future) Intercom base station option.
- 110/220V AC/DC adapter required.

The connection between the HDV-remote and control is done with a Cat5 cable. The connections are using the XLR RJ45 connectors. This way either inexpensive Cat5 cable can be used or professional high flexible Cat5 cables with durable XLR Cat5 Neutrix connector.
100 meters (300 feet) minimum reliable distance between the remote(s) and control is my goal.

I could also make a version with only Start/Stop and Component video on the Cat5. But then the future Intercom upgrade and Iris control will not be possible at that moment.

A DV remote control version with LANC procotol is also in the pipeline with PC control.

Let me know if there is an interest for one these devices, then I start prototyping the one which is requested the most.

Rob Stiff February 26th, 2006 12:25 PM

Ok, How Much?

I like this option:
HDV-Remote control:
- upto 4 cameras can be simultaineoulsy sync controlled for Start/Stop
- Manual Iris control for each individual camera with precision potentiometers
- 4 High quality Cat5 Composite Video receiver inputs
- 4 Composite outputs to be able to view the camera video outputs at the control side.
- (future) Intercom base station option.
- 110/220V AC/DC adapter required.

Name your price?

Marc Colemont February 27th, 2006 04:37 AM

Hi Rob,

I'm working on the schematics now. As soon as I'm testing the PCB in a few weeks then I know the components for sure. The most tests will go in the twisted pair video receiver circuit, tests with long Cat5 cable. So the next weeks I will have no news until the tests are done to calculate the price.
I'm also thinking of adding a selector output. This way you can easily switch between the 4 cameras, and check the values on one monitor or waveform/vectorscope.

I'll make sure the price is affordable. I will also make an introduction price for the first buyers.

Ian Semmens March 13th, 2006 08:58 PM

Three Camera Controller

Robert,
Have you seen this three camera contoller by Grizzly Pro?
http://www.grizzlypro.com/r3.htm

To quote their description "The r-THREE system combines the functions of Pan/Tilt/Zoom, Camera controls and Video feed for up to three remote cameras into an easily portable and compact solution."
Only one cable for each camera. Up to 600'.

I haven't used one, but it sounds very interesting.

Hope this helps,
Ian

Marc Colemont March 14th, 2006 07:08 AM

I've seen it working at NAB last year.
It's cool, but it's designed for DV cameras and works on LANC.
The video circuit was not that crisp. Which is needed for HD

Tim Dashwood March 14th, 2006 11:15 AM

I've almost got my 3 camera remote finished. The box is built, the LEDs, RJ-45 jacks and switches are mounted, I purchased the 8-pin plugs from Fuji (via my JVC dealer,) and now I just need to create the 8-pin to RJ-45 adapters.
I'll post pictures soon.