extremely frustrated: windows capture issues, suggestions? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 14th, 2006, 09:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

extremely frustrated: windows capture issues, suggestions?

I've searched and not found an answer. I tried using vegas to capture my footage but it doesn't detect scene breaks properly. I end up with a m2t that has multiple shots in it and it breaks up at the crossover, thus corrupting the audio (making editing the m2t or a conversion of it useless) and creating strange time issues.

I tried dvhscap and it doesnt seem to capture at all (unless im missing something obvious, and I couldn't find any tutorials anywhere).

Finally, I installed the connect HD trial and the HDLink software captures fine and detects scene breaks, but $200 seems like a lot to pay just for scene detection. I have no plans to use the actual cineform codec.....any one have any suggestions or am I SOL unless I buck up for the cineform capture software?
Joe Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 10:59 PM   #2
Major Player

Frustrated

I've had similar digitizing issues with Avid Xpress Pro HD 5.2.1 and a free download of Canopus Edius. I also downoaded the Cineform HDLink and it is the only software (so far) that will digtize and control the HD-100 without hiccups. Plus I think I can dig mt2 files and then take them into any number of apps without transcoding.

So, I'm going to pay the $200.00
FYI, I thought I read that the new version of Vegas ships with HDLink bundled??

Good luck
David Parks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2006, 06:44 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Parks
I've had similar digitizing issues with Avid Xpress Pro HD 5.2.1 and a free download of Canopus Edius. I also downoaded the Cineform HDLink and it is the only software (so far) that will digtize and control the HD-100 without hiccups. Plus I think I can dig mt2 files and then take them into any number of apps without transcoding.

So, I'm going to pay the $200.00
FYI, I thought I read that the new version of Vegas ships with HDLink bundled??

Good luck
I may be wrong, but as of now, I do not believe that V6c ships with HDLink.

Again, I could be wrong, and if it does, I would love to know. Mine did not.
Old February 15th, 2006, 06:58 AM   #4
Major Player

Have you tried the Mainconcept Mpeg Pro plug-in for the Premiere Pro?
Diogo Athouguia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2006, 10:18 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I have the mainconcept plugin, so there's no problem editing m2ts. The problem is capturing, and Vegas capture doesn't consistently recognize scene breaks. Which wouldn't bother me, but whenever it captures multiple scenes together there is not only break up between shots, there are also time code issues. Suddenly the audio plays in the wrong place, frames disappear and reappear, the video is suddenly 4 times as long as it should be, and there are stuck frames, so there is no way to split the video back into proper shots and have them be usable, native or otherwise. I even whipped out my old HD-10 capture software and it didnt recognize the camera.

So, again, if any1 has any suggestions (I will buy connectHD if I have to, it just seems a little more expensive then I'd like to pay for a good but basic capture program), please, let me know!

all this aside, the hd100 is even better then I expected it to be, now if i can just get the stuff I've shot captured.
Joe Russ is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems