Steadicam at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 1st, 2006, 03:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Steadicam

Anyone use one with the HD100? What about that asian guy's 14 dollar stedicam? Not compatible? Anyone endeavour to use that combo? Aside from the 14 dollar steadicam is there any other solution under 1k?

Your friend,

Mista Meyers from da SEYCHELLESSSSSZ er...

MALDIVEZZZZZZZ
Bruce Meyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 04:53 PM   #2
Wrangler

If you stripped the camera down (remove the viewfinder, use the onboard batteries etc.) you might be able to use it for a while on a handheld stabilizer, but be aware that the $14 stabilizer is not as lightweight as a "real" unit like the Merlin so you'll be looking at some sore forearms and shorter shooting times. The HD100 would be best suited to a more robust rig that incorporates a vest and arm; none of which are available for under $1000 that I know of (unless you can find something used).
Old March 1st, 2006, 06:35 PM   #3
Major Player

Glidecam has a very attractive price for the vest unit. I think it's somewhere around $1400-$1700

Although I've never used one myself, the demo videos look great... even on the handheld models for around $300-$500
Nick Weeks is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems