IDX Promo? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 2nd, 2006, 06:30 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Williams
I sent my claim in on March 26th I got my system about a little over 2wks later JVC was great about it, eager to please as you can see on this forum. I to was told they were out and waiting for the next shippment from IDX. Later that week, shortly after I recieved my IDX system. Great Job JVC You are really working at customer service I am sold and very pleased I bought this camera.
Wow- I sent mine on March 28th and still haven't received my IDX kit. Guess there's some luck of the draw involved here.

Oh well- free's free. I can wait for free.
Jake Strickbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 11:07 PM   #32
Major Player

I recieved mine within 2 weeks of sending the coupon in.

(this was from the original offer in january)

Love the IDX. I need to get 2 more with the stacking option.
Mark Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 08:46 AM   #33
Major Player

Does anyone know why the company(s) decided to do this and if they might do it again? I'm looking to cut $1000+ out of the price of this camera by getting in on a promotion like this. As an event videographer (and in any application) some kind of battery solution is obviously necessary. Too bad I missed out....
Chad Terpstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 09:22 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Chad are you sure this is a good cam for event videography? I own both the DV5100 and HD100, and i'm thinking of selling the HD100+IDX.
I did some testing in room lighting and there is no comparison in sensitivity, for natural light video. I don't think 1/3" HDV is ready for prime time yet. On the other hand i still have great looking footage shot with my 11 year old Supercam.
It's a hard decision to make
Chris Basmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 10:37 AM   #35
Major Player

Perhaps I shouldn't have classified myself as 100% event videographer. My main area of interest is really film-making and I do a good variety of corporate/promotional videos as well.

For event video I'm sure I'll be using the HD-100 in SDV mode which I've heard will add a stop of light due to decreased grain visibility (picture still looks good at 12db). My FX1 is the same way. In HDV you see a lot of noise at 12-15db, but in DV mode 12db is pretty clean.

The DV5100 looks like a great cam, but now that I've gone HD, I have a hard time looking back! ;-)
Chad Terpstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 11:52 AM   #36
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Basmas
I did some testing in room lighting and there is no comparison in sensitivity, for natural light video. I don't think 1/3" HDV is ready for prime time yet.
This is pretty much the case with any pro camera, whether 1/3" or 2/3". They're designed with the assumption in mind that someone who's spending $6 to $20K on a camera is probably going to be looking to feed it light when they're shooting.
Jake Strickbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 11:55 AM   #37
Regular Crew

You can sell your HD100 and keep your SD camera but that is the key - SD. If you have a need to shoot in HD then the other camera can't compete light or no light.
Tim Holtermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 09:20 AM   #38
Major Player

Just to bring this thread back to the IDX battery promo.

I talked to JVC this morning and they are still waiting the shipment of batteries from IDX. They said that they would have them next week at the earliest. I know that this was a free offer, but I am starting to get a little frustrated. I hope that they really are going to ship next week.

I was told that mine would be shipping the third week of April when I first called after mailing in the cert.

I am starting to feel that I am told "next week" just to keep me from complaining to them on the phone.

We will see next week.

Dan Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:01 AM   #39
Regular Crew

Dan, from my "sources" it seems JVC is not happy with IDX at all. Call over to IDX and you will see that they have no clue about anything. They won't call you back, etc.

It's not a bad system for free but since the included JVC battery is such a joke anyone buying this camera and expecting to shoot with it right away will have to find another power source. Since it seems the promo is taking forever the only option is to rent a battery system or buy Anton Bauer. Now that you have had to pay for several rentals or purchase a system it's hardly a free promo anymore.

IDX will find that this bad press will harm them far more then they ever expected. When my Free IDX system wears out, it will be Anton Bauer for me.
Old May 10th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #40
Regular Crew

tim,

does anton bauer have the same set up for the citidisk setup that you posted with the IDX battery?

yooch
Yoochul Chong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 02:54 PM   #41
Regular Crew

Yes they make a kit for the the Anton Bauer too. Would work the same way.
Old May 10th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #42
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Holtermann
Dan, from my "sources" it seems JVC is not happy with IDX at all. Call over to IDX and you will see that they have no clue about anything. They won't call you back, etc.

It's not a bad system for free but since the included JVC battery is such a joke anyone buying this camera and expecting to shoot with it right away will have to find another power source. Since it seems the promo is taking forever the only option is to rent a battery system or buy Anton Bauer. Now that you have had to pay for several rentals or purchase a system it's hardly a free promo anymore.

IDX will find that this bad press will harm them far more then they ever expected. When my Free IDX system wears out, it will be Anton Bauer for me.

Tim,

Thanks for the feedback. Part of the reason I bought the camera was because of the promo. I would have waited a month or more longer to purchase if I hadn't had a client contact me about shooting a pilot for a show and it gave me the chance to cash in on the promo offer. I thought from all that I read on the web, that most people got their battery setups within 2 weeks or so. This gave me plenty of time to get the battery, and then have time to run tests on the camera before the shoot. Now I am still waiting for the battery and who knows when it will arrive.
I have had a couple of problems with the camera the limited time that I have shot it, and I really want to put it through a good trial run before I use it on a paying job. Guess that I will have to try to find a rental house with IDX batteries and a plate that can be used on the HD100.

I am not pissed at JVC. I know that it's not their fault. Someone at IDX dropped the ball when they agreed to a promo offer that they can't fulfill.

Dan Weber
Old May 10th, 2006, 04:17 PM   #43
Major Player

Hey I am in the same boat. Been about 1 and a half months and still no battery. I shoot about 20 min on the battery that came with it. Some year I''ll open my front door and to my suprise there will be my batteries all the while my hd100 is now a hd 500 model.
Someone fire IDX.
Hey I am also waiting for a tripod from cartoni now going on two weeks. Why am I wasting time and money on equipment thats not being used?
Joe Bowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 05:41 PM   #44
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bowey
Hey I am also waiting for a tripod from cartoni now going on two weeks. Why am I wasting time and money on equipment thats not being used?
Joe,

I talked to EVS yesterday and they had a Focus 101 in stock. If that is what you ordered you could cancel the other order and pick that one up.

I just ordered a Libec LS-55 from Texas Tapeworks along with a Petrol PCUB-HD bag.

I am pretty sure those items will arrive before the batteries.

Dan Weber
Old May 11th, 2006, 07:42 AM   #45
Regular Crew

End of the Month?

My turn to talk to JVC this morning. Mary, who is very nice, said they're *hoping* to have the IDX systems in "by the end of the month". That, friends, is an exact quote. I'm not holding my breath, and have decided I now have to start scrounging for alternatives. Color me unhappy....

Keith
Keith Ward is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems