DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   IDX Promo? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/61953-idx-promo.html)

Heath Vinyard March 2nd, 2006 06:06 PM

IDX Promo?

Today marks the end of the week two wait, and on to week three. Gosh. This thing needs JUICE! JVC. Send that puppy to me! I have two E-7s's on the way from BH. :)

Has anyone received theirs yet that didn't overnight the cert in AND did purchase from BH with the printable cert?

Carl Hicks March 3rd, 2006 02:16 PM

IDX package claim

Hi Heath,

I check with the department that does the order processing for the free IDX package. As of today, they have not received your claim.

I suggest that all claims for free goods be sent by 2 day or 1 day air, UPS or FedEX - something you can track.

Regards, Carl

Heath Vinyard March 3rd, 2006 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Hicks
Hi Heath,

I check with the department that does the order processing for the free IDX package. As of today, they have not received your claim.

I suggest that all claims for free goods be sent by 2 day or 1 day air, UPS or FedEX - something you can track.

Regards, Carl

So what am I supposed to do? That was all original stuff I sent in. Am I just to forget about the promo? Is there a number I can call or am I just out of luck?

Carl Hicks March 3rd, 2006 03:21 PM

Update on claim

Hi Heath,

An update: The claim jsut got to the office today. I was told the reason for delay was with the post office - postage was due, and it came regular mail.

So, it's "in the mill" now.

Regards, Carl

Heath Vinyard March 3rd, 2006 03:40 PM

Quote:

Hi Heath,

An update: The claim jsut got to the office today. I was told the reason for delay was with the post office - postage was due, and it came regular mail.

So, it's "in the mill" now.

Regards, Carl

Thank you for checking. I guess I felt better thinking that I was already in the mill. Now knowing I have an even longer wait before I can use the camera, it's just that much more frustrating. I guess there's nothing I can do about it.

Thank you for the help.

Chris Hurd March 3rd, 2006 04:10 PM

Consider that you received a timely, personal response from JVC via this forum. I think you're much better off than you might realize! This service has been provided as a courtesy by DV Info Net. We aim to give the internet a good name.

Heath Vinyard March 3rd, 2006 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Consider that you received a timely, personal response from JVC via this forum. I think you're much better off than you might realize! This service has been provided as a courtesy by DV Info Net. We aim to give the internet a good name.

My mistake for posting a frustration. I will keep quiet here.

Carl Hicks March 3rd, 2006 04:43 PM

IDX Promo

Heath,

Yes, the US Postal service has bitten me too.

You can use the camera now for shorter shoots, and get familiar with it. And, you've got an AC power supply as well. Just add a long extension cord to it for now!! :)

Have a good weekend, Carl

Heath Vinyard March 3rd, 2006 05:50 PM

Thanks again for checking on this for me Carl. Any idea how long it takes once it's in the mill?

Carl Hicks March 5th, 2006 03:56 PM

IDX Promo

Hi Heath,

I was told by the person that processes these deals that they estimate one to two weeks. With the promo recently coming to an end, there are many claims to get approved and shipped. We had a lot of customers wait until the very last day to commit to orders with their dealers. This creates a processing and shipping bottle neck.

Regards, Carl

Steven Thomas March 5th, 2006 07:51 PM

Carl,
How long should it take for JVC to get an IDX certificate to their dealer.

I bought my camera from National Video Tape , Tempe AZ almost 30 days ago and have not received the certificate. I've called several times, but have not had any luck.

Why does it take this long to send out the certificate?

Thanks, Steve

Carl Hicks March 6th, 2006 07:45 AM

IDX Certificate

Hi Steve,

My experience in my district is that our corporate office has been sending out the certificates to the dealers within a week of the time the cameras shipped to the dealer, and by some form of 1 or 2 day delivery.

You should get in touch with the JVC District Manager who handles your dealer, and he can help track it down for you. Give him your name, address, telephone, purchase date, dealer, and serial number. I will e-mail you off-list his contact info.

Regards, Carl

Carl Hicks March 6th, 2006 07:49 AM

Please send e-mail

Steve,

Your e-mail is not listed on your member profile, so please e-mail me at:

carlh@jvc.com

I can then reply back to you with contact info for your District Manager.

Regards, Carl

Heath Vinyard March 6th, 2006 09:21 AM

Quote:

Hi Heath,

I was told by the person that processes these deals that they estimate one to two weeks. With the promo recently coming to an end, there are many claims to get approved and shipped. We had a lot of customers wait until the very last day to commit to orders with their dealers. This creates a processing and shipping bottle neck.

Regards, Carl

Ok. That gives me a ballpark time to keep an eye out. Thanks for all your help with this.

Ram Ganesh April 26th, 2006 02:29 PM

was this promo extended? or any new promos for HD100?