DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Dark Interior (or Exterior) Scene File (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/61965-dark-interior-exterior-scene-file.html)

Stephen L. Noe March 2nd, 2006 08:16 PM

Dark Interior (or Exterior) Scene File

Hi guys and gals,

I've made another scene file that is designed for dark scenarios. It does not use the stretch and definately induces a brighter picture in dark scenrios (streetlight or dark low lit interiors). For your convenience I've placed Stretch 1 and Stretch 2 on the user buttons along with Compress 2 (just in case you don't want any detail in the blacks.

The actual scene file is here ----> Click to download

The settings are here ---->Click here for GIF

***MAKE SURE TO WHITEBALANCE YOUR CAMERA AFTER LOADING ANY SCENE FILE***

all the best and keep shooting!

Daniel Patton March 3rd, 2006 02:22 PM

Thank you Stephen! Very much appreciated.

Do you have a collection of scene files with label on a site yet? I still think this should be done, if not here then someplace.

Manny Rodriguez March 3rd, 2006 02:49 PM

Stephen how do you download the scen file, I am using a mac

Stephen L. Noe March 3rd, 2006 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny Rodriguez

I think you just click on it and it will show up on your desktop. Then you need to place it on your SD card. Had you seen the tutorial I put together on how to place the scene file on the SD card? You'll need an SD card reader to do that method. Or you could just look a the supplied GIF and dial the settings into your camera and save them as a scene file.

Stephen L. Noe March 3rd, 2006 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny Rodriguez

I think you just click on it and it will show up on your desktop. Then you need to place it on your SD card. Had you seen the tutorial I put together on how to place the scene file on the SD card? You'll need an SD card reader to do that method. Or you could just look a the supplied GIF and dial the settings into your camera and save them as a scene file.

Rati Oneli August 31st, 2006 03:19 PM

Do you know how it compares to Paolo Ciccone's True Color V3 calibration? Should I use this for dark scenes at night (int and ext) or Paolo's calibration?

Thanks

Stephen L. Noe August 31st, 2006 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rati Oneli
Do you know how it compares to Paolo Ciccone's True Color V3 calibration? Should I use this for dark scenes at night (int and ext) or Paolo's calibration?

Thanks

There really is no comparison between the two scene files. Take a look at the color matrix settings and that will become evident. The idea behind "Dark Int" is to pull the shadows up enough to get some detail under a 60W incandecent. The tradeoff is grain in the image when you go into gain +3 or +6. The tradeoff is worth the extra detail in the picture.

Juan Pablo Ramirez May 9th, 2009 06:59 PM

I cant find the scene file recipe anywhere. Can you guys upload it again?

Adam Letch May 10th, 2009 07:14 AM

yes 404 error on the page

thanks Steven

great to hear from you on the forum, guys like you helped pioneer the way for the rest of us!

regards

Adam

Saul Martinez May 17th, 2009 07:31 PM

How can I download?

Hi, Steven, I have tryed download your new Dark Int recipe but the page doesn't open. Anu suggestion to make it open?
Thanks.