DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Menu Locked, Menu Unlocked (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/62163-menu-locked-menu-unlocked.html)

Paolo Ciccone March 6th, 2006 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Thomas
Good news Paolo.

Hmm.. This could be a good feature to keep others from dicking with your settings.

But, I'm a bit scared to try it :)

I don't think there is any danger with that, my camera works as normal. The secret here is to wait longer than usual, 2-3 or even 4 seconds. The messages don't appear as quickly as others.
If somebody has contacts inside JVC, they could ask if there are "scary" side effects (strongly doubt it). This could easily be one feature that was meant to be included in the manual but was forgotten.
Let's face it, the manual has been written so quickly that they didn't even bother to translate it correctly. I wouldn't be surprised if several minor features have been omitted.

I would like to see JVC produce a revised, complete, and carefully translated manual and post it on their Website. The effect of the CineLike gamma, for example, is completely undocumented. How is that different, say, from the knee? I read the Panasonic article, linked by Tim, about the CiniGamma settings. Make perfect sense. Is the JVC circuit the same? Different? Better? I'd like to know.
Other features have also extremely terse and puzzling descriptions.
C'mon JVC, it's 2006, we don't need no stikin' reprints, just give us a PDF :)

--
Paolo

Daniel Patton March 7th, 2006 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
And maybe LCD and VF on at the same time!!!

Good point! Although considering the battery I see why they might be afraid to allow for both. Sorry, Off-Topic.

Paolo, have you tried other combinations, or found anything else? I won't even try different combinations on our loaner, I'm chicken. ;) But I like the lock "Feature", that was kind of cool.

Paolo Ciccone March 7th, 2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
And maybe LCD and VF on at the same time!!!

Hehehe. OK, let's try index on USER 1, pinky on FF and wiggle the Peaking with the nose. Works? :)

--
Paolo

Paolo Ciccone March 7th, 2006 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Patton
Paolo, have you tried other combinations, or found anything else?

I tried a lot of combos when I was searching for the Unlock deal but I nothing else came up.

--
Paolo

Daniel Patton March 7th, 2006 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paolo Ciccone
Hehehe. OK, let's try index on USER 1, pinky on FF and wiggle the Peaking with the nose. Works? :)

--
Paolo

"and then you do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around..."

Well, at least you can say you found a cool undocumented item, that's fame baby, fame.

Ted Ramasola March 10th, 2006 11:41 AM

Lock unlock buttons

USER1,USER 3, STOP and STATUS, I hereby Christen thee, THE 4 CICCONE BUTTONS!