Official word on "Changing Mode" problem - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 9th, 2006, 07:40 AM   #16
Major Player

One person says that JVC admits it is a problem, another says that a tech told them there is no problem. Pretty confusing and frustrating and I don't even own the camera yet and I may not. I am trying to make up my mind.

That's why JVC needs to address the issue and not keep silent.

Saying nothing about the "problem" makes the issue worse than admiting that there is one.

Dan Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 12:45 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Seems like JVC is going to deal with this issue the same way they did with the SSE. In a few weeks, they will call it a limitation of the technology, and swear that it is not a defect.

JVC reps please keep your dealerships in the know on what is happening. It is frustrating when they don't realize what's going on - and the info on these forums is chalked up as rumor or speculation. Where are they to get their info if not from the source.
Albert Henson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2006, 02:53 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Mode Changing Screen

Okay, so it doesn't look like i've lost any footage, but i do notice a blue screen with "MODE CHANGING" comes up once in a while when i push stop and/or play in VTR mode.

is that normal? should i get this checked?
:: efrain ::
Efrain Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2006, 05:11 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Henson
Seems like JVC is going to deal with this issue the same way they did with the SSE. In a few weeks, they will call it a limitation of the technology, and swear that it is not a defect.

JVC reps please keep your dealerships in the know on what is happening. It is frustrating when they don't realize what's going on - and the info on these forums is chalked up as rumor or speculation. Where are they to get their info if not from the source.
I really don't think that's the case. I've been talking with JVC folks a lot this week and this "mode changing" problem seems to be isolated to a new batch of camera's that were recently released. The reason for the confusion is that it popped up all of a sudden and in relatively small numbers compared to how many HD100s have been sold. Believe it or not everyone posting their experiences on this site has helped JVC learn about it.
I was one of the unfortunate ones to have this problem with my brand new camera and shipped it back for a firmware update. I should be getting it back today.(fingers crossed) I'll keep you posted. A few others have already gotten theirs back and claim things work great. Now I'm not excusing JVC, but now that information is coming in to whats been happening and with which batch of cameras, they are responding by repairing and making sure it doesn't happen to new cameras going out the door. So by that being the case I don't think they are hiding behind the camera's limitations or limitations of technology on this one.
Council Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2006, 12:02 PM   #20
Regular Crew

I was being visicious.
Just tired of the beauricratic b.s. that accompanies the camera. Please spare me - the creating of excuses on JVC's behalf. It only adds insult to injury. The camera should simply work in a predictable and stable manner. No tip toeing, working around, or tricking the camera into doing what it should.
Albert Henson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems