Commercial shot with HD 100 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 6th, 2006, 12:32 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Glen
wow i've tried all the extension changes, and it just is'nt working

is there a specific codec i need to play this? i've encountered this problem before with .mov files from a mac so i must be missing a codec, any help?

Try Tim Dashwood's idea of VLC player if it won't play as a .mov change it to .m2t that should work.

Is WMP all up to date
Matthew Pugerude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2006, 12:37 PM   #17
Regular Crew

No luck here either. I tried to rename it to all kinds of extensions. If I try in quicktime I get a white box that appears to be the right size but thats it, but I've tried VLC player, WMP, and Vegas. Nothing.
Ian E. Pearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2006, 12:50 PM   #18
Major Player

I renamed to .avi wmp played one second and the picture freezed. No luck with realplayer and vlc.
m2t do not work at all even with vlc.

Laszlo
Laszlo Horvath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2006, 12:51 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian E. Pearson
No luck here either. I tried to rename it to all kinds of extensions. If I try in quicktime I get a white box that appears to be the right size but thats it, but I've tried VLC player, WMP, and Vegas. Nothing.
Not really sure if this has anything to do with it but are the extentions upper or lower case. Maybe your version of WMP needs to be updated. I have QT pro maybe this is the differance. But All I did was change the extention to .avi all lower case and it popped up just great and started running. You obvioulsly have saved it to your hard drive by saving target as (that is a right click menu function) Maybe Premeire Pro has a codec that it puts on my system that I don't know about. because you are using vegas right? Man the quad Mocha is sure kicking in.
Old March 6th, 2006, 12:55 PM   #20
Regular Crew

my wmp is updated, still not happening, right clicked, saved as...all extensions, just not working, weird
Old March 6th, 2006, 01:05 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Glen
my wmp is updated, still not happening, right clicked, saved as...all extensions, just not working, weird
I am lost!!! Last effort is Direct X. It has always seemed to be a fix for me when I had video problems in the past although those problems where with hardware issues so probably not the issue but it came to me in my highly caffeinated state.

Now seriously I need to go an organize some gear or something because this quad mocha on an empty stomach has really amped me out.

Sorry I could not help the PC guys
Old March 6th, 2006, 03:16 PM   #22
Regular Crew

New File Uploaded

Sorry PC guys. I wasn't thinking when I posted the file. Anyway, I compressed the file to H264 in QT. (FORD H264.mov) Its a smaller file and seems to work on PC now. At least the ones I tested. Make sure your QT is updated.

http://homepage.mac.com/racegun/FileSharing16.html

Also download the file onto your computer before playing. I doubt it will play well if at all straight of the net.

I got permission to post the final spot from the company doing the edit. It has been downconverted to SD for broadcast. I'll post that tonight so stay tuned.
Council Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2006, 03:21 PM   #23
Regular Crew

okie dokie! now THAT worked and looked great, god i love this camera, the colour's look killer, very nice.....thanks for posting a new clips for us PC guys and thanks Matthew for all the help, now go eat ;)
Old March 6th, 2006, 03:56 PM   #24
Trustee

XP users - you'll need a direct show plugin to view m2t's directly in media player 10 Click here to download plugin. Download and install the plugin.

Now download Council's clip and rename the extension to m2t instead of mov. Click on it and select media player 10 as the palyback software and accept whatever incompatability dialog box shows up.

Now you can view m2t in Media Player without issue (and at full speed!).
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2006, 07:29 PM   #25
Wrangler

I used Lumiere HD to convert Council's original FCP HDV mov file back to standard m2t.

You can download it here.
http://homepage.mac.com/timdashwood/...RD_SERVICE.zip

Council, I would have dropped it in your public folder for you, but it is locked.
When you post the final spot, you can export as a quicktime file again and then I will convert it to m2t for you so all PC/Mac computers can play it in VLC.
Old March 6th, 2006, 07:36 PM   #26
Major Player

OUCH!

At 6KB/ps I think this may be one of those times that a faster server may come in handy. In an hour and fourty minutes (ACK!!) I may re-host that on my server if no one minds. We average 400 - 500KB/ps.

Either way, I can't wait to check this out.
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2006, 11:21 PM   #27
Regular Crew

Council, that looks pretty bad ass. Great work!

What did you use for lighting? Love the use of that work light as a practical, did you do something in post to enhance the look of that work light or did it come off the camera that way?

Again, really good stuff. Really shows off the strengths of the HD100 when put into the right hands.

Ben
Ben Buie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006, 02:19 AM   #28
Major Player

Hello Mate,

Got it in the end with vlc. Nice work you got some great clours there I'm guessing cinelike was off and you shot standard is that correct?

Cheers Greg
Greg Corke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006, 04:51 AM   #29
Regular Crew

Thanks for the help Tim. I'll get the finished spot today.

Ben, for lighting I keyed with a Kinoflo Diva light, 650 back light w/ 1/2 CTO.
Filled with a arri 300 thru a silk. Background was hit with a 1k with different color party gels. (Red or Blue) Depending on the forground.

The footage posted is straight of the tape. No CC and I loved the practical work light hanging in the scene too. I was surprised how well the camera handled it.

Greg, I can't remember off the top of my head what the specific settings were but I started testing with Paulo's True Color scene file then I tested using Stephen L Noe's scene file. I ended up with a combination of both. Mostly Stephen's scene file but I maintained Paulo's color matrix. When I get to the office today I can recall all this to make sure. You can find those settings on this site.
So to Paulo & Stephen, Thanks for the scene files. This site is an awesome resource.
Council Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006, 09:29 AM   #30
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Council Bradshaw
So to Paulo & Stephen, Thanks for the scene files.
Hey Council, I'm glad that the color matrix worked for you.

--
Paolo
Paolo Ciccone is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems