DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Commercial shot with HD 100 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/62204-commercial-shot-hd-100-a.html)

Council Bradshaw March 5th, 2006 11:48 PM

Commercial shot with HD 100

I shot a commercial for a FORD service center the other day and I was blown away with the camera's performance. I was even surprised at the selective focus I was able to achieve on some shots. Not to mention the color and detail.

The client, crew and everyone on location couldn't stop looking at the monitor. I was very pleased.

You can download a short clip here.
http://homepage.mac.com/racegun/FileSharing16.html

Stephen L. Noe March 6th, 2006 12:01 AM

Hi Council,

I downloaded the clip to have a look but what codec did you use to encode. QT came up and said the codec didn't exist on my system.

Nice demo reel BTW...

Paolo Ciccone March 6th, 2006 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen L. Noe
Hi Council,

I downloaded the clip to have a look but what codec did you use to encode. QT came up and said the codec didn't exist on my system.

Hmmm, I could play it on my Powerbook and QT reports HDV 720p30 for the format.

Nice clip Council, BTW, no sound, is that OK?

--
Paolo

Stephen L. Noe March 6th, 2006 12:32 AM

Got it, I changed the extention to m2t instead of MOV and then played it in WMP. Council, I'm sure your guys were thrilled with the quality. Camera was in motion and every hair accounted for.

Daniel Weber March 6th, 2006 12:39 AM

Nice job. Was this shot with the 16x lens? If so, I am impressed with the quality of the lens, not to say your work as well, very nice.

Maybe you could put up the finished piece when it is done.

Dan Weber

Greg Corke March 6th, 2006 02:05 AM

Hello mate,

couldn't download the clip but thought the demo reel looked damn interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Greg

Council Bradshaw March 6th, 2006 05:47 AM

Stephen:
The clip was exported out of FCP 5 as HDV 72030p. I wanted to keep it full rez so you guys could drop onto your timelines to check it out.
BTW I used your scene file for this shoot.
Daniel:
Yes this was shot using the stock 16X lens. I was surprised too. I can only imagine what the 13X looks like.

Paolo: I left the audio out when I exported. Trying to keep the file size down.
Greg: Try changing the file extention as Stephen did to .m2t see if that works.

I'll post the final spot and some .jpgs of the rig later today. Oh yeah and Thanks for the props on the demo reel too.

Jon Glen March 6th, 2006 10:28 AM

crap, i cant open this bad boy up, i'm on a PC i dunno if that has anything to do with not being able to view, any way you can export as a different file?

your demo looks great BTW really sharp!

Laszlo Horvath March 6th, 2006 10:31 AM

I can't open. Don't even has a chance too rename it, just a "Q" with the questionmark on my middle of my screen. (I'm a PC guy)

Laszlo

Steven Thomas March 6th, 2006 10:43 AM

Change the file extension to m2t.

It opens on my PC, but freezes about two seconds into the first scene.

Joel Aaron March 6th, 2006 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Thomas
Change the file extension to m2t.

It opens on my PC, but freezes about two seconds into the first scene.

Froze on my PC and I couldn't open it on my Mac in QT or in FCP. Hmm....

Matthew Pugerude March 6th, 2006 11:22 AM

Hey PC GUYS Download fix

Hey PC guys Download by saving target as > Choose your location. then change extention to .avi. It worked for me!!! The shots look really nice Council!!! Which lens did you use for the shoot?

Sorry I did not read all the posts Council I notice that you did use the stock lens very well done indeed. Now I have to go and see your reel.

Tim Dashwood March 6th, 2006 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joel Aaron
Froze on my PC and I couldn't open it on my Mac in QT or in FCP. Hmm....

Mac guys will need "AppleHDVCodec" component installed in their Macintosh HD/Library/Quicktime folder. If you have installed Final Cut Pro 5 it should be there. Apple HDV Codec is the wrapper that FCP5 holds 720P30 m2t in for editing.

If you don't have FCP5 installed, then try VLC or download MPEG Streamclip.

Steven Thomas March 6th, 2006 11:52 AM

On my PC, when renamed to .avi file, it still freezes about two seconds into it.

Jon Glen March 6th, 2006 12:20 PM

wow i've tried all the extension changes, and it just is'nt working

is there a specific codec i need to play this? i've encountered this problem before with .mov files from a mac so i must be missing a codec, any help?