DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   HD-100 IDX battery kit arrives after 12 days (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/62400-hd-100-idx-battery-kit-arrives-after-12-days.html)

Ed Hill March 8th, 2006 02:52 PM

HD-100 IDX battery kit arrives after 12 days

Hi Hd-100 owners and aficianados,

Well, Job Well Done to JVC. I think they have straightened out the IDX battery promo.

I mailed off my IDX certificate on Feb 24 via US Postal service standard mail.
I received my IDX battery kit today on March 8.

Not bad, it only took 12 days.

If this IDX battery performs well we'll see what happens. Since the IDX adapter requires attaching to 2 built in screws on the HD-100 camera, I will retire the small JVC batteries to the emergency supplies closet.

Did some one say that other brand batteries will fit the IDX mount?
What batteries are those?

Ed Hill
Atlanta

Richard Hunter March 8th, 2006 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Hill

Hi Ed. I spoke to my local dealer yesterday, and he mentioned that this mount can also take Sony batteries (didn't give any details though).

Richard

Heath Vinyard March 8th, 2006 10:07 PM

Congratulations.
I sure hope mine comes soon. Tomorrow is 4 weeks. Got my extra 7s's here waiting for their first charge. :)

Ian E. Pearson March 9th, 2006 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Hill

Ive never had a Vmount\Sony mount battery, I use Anton Bauer, but my understanding is that a V-mount is a very common mount and there are several generic batteries from companies like Switronics and Varizoom. You may have to get the right voltages though.

Marc Higa March 10th, 2006 05:52 PM

Got my IDX

All you guys should be getting your batteries soon... I sent out my rebate Feb. 24th and got the batteries today (3/10).

Lou Bruno March 10th, 2006 07:13 PM

Switronix has them. Heard good things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian E. Pearson
Ive never had a Vmount\Sony mount battery, I use Anton Bauer, but my understanding is that a V-mount is a very common mount and there are several generic batteries from companies like Switronics and Varizoom. You may have to get the right voltages though.

Tim Gray March 10th, 2006 07:14 PM

Yeah, we got ours a couple days ago - sent them in around 20th...

Heath Vinyard March 10th, 2006 08:18 PM

I sent mine out on the 16th. I was told by JVC that it didn't get there until the 3rd. I'm still waiting for mine. I've put off two shoots now (just tests) and haven't taken the camera out of the bag in a week.

I sure hope next week brings something.

Congrats to all that got them this week.

Tim Gray March 10th, 2006 08:22 PM

Priority mail has never let me down. I was told the battery kit would be sent out this Monday and it got here... this Tuesday? We sent it in about a week after we got the camera, so probably Feb 22. So about 2 week wait.

Heath Vinyard March 10th, 2006 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Gray
Priority mail has never let me down. I was told the battery kit would be sent out this Monday and it got here... this Tuesday? We sent it in about a week after we got the camera, so probably Feb 22. So about 2 week wait.

Right on Tim. Congrats. :) I'm sure mine will be along soon.

Tim Gray March 10th, 2006 09:27 PM

I'm sure you'll get it soon too - I must say, being new to this level of camera that the battery kit is pretty nice. I still can't believe that we got it for free with the camera. This JVC really is a good deal.

Scott Jaco March 22nd, 2006 06:06 PM

I got mine exactly 2 weeks after I sent in the rebate which I mailed via certified 1st class mail.

Not bad at all.

scott

John Vincent March 24th, 2006 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Jaco
I got mine exactly 2 weeks after I sent in the rebate which I mailed via certified 1st class mail.

Not bad at all.

scott

I had a similar experience - about 2 weeks (but coupon took a month 2 get here....but that is another story!0.

john

evilgeniusentertainment.com

Heath Vinyard March 24th, 2006 04:16 PM

In all fairness to JVC, it only took two weeks from when they received the cert from me, to me receiving the batteries. I gave Carl a hard time, and I feel bad, so if you're listening Carl, sorry. :)

I'm an impatient person at times.

Daniel Patton March 24th, 2006 06:06 PM

JCV did a great job on ours, we received it after only five days from them receiving the information from us.

So far the IDX has been a good battery combo for the HD100. Someone should be able to load up on all of the used factory batteries floating around. In fact, we have 3 of them that are only going to sit on a shelf... I wonder what they might be worth as a set?