HD100 Series Scene File Recipes & Downloadable .SCN files - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 11th, 2006, 01:34 PM   #16
New Boot

Plain Text?

Hi:

I just got my HD-100 and really love the HD performance, I also have a DVX-100A but the HD detail on the JVC HD -100 on a big screen is amazing. It takes a little practice to get use to the change to a shoulder mount camera, I don't have the Anton Mount yet, have to wait until it comes in ( 2 weeks) , so it is a little front heavy, and slides around on your shoulder when shooting. I tried shooting a live Skate Concert on the 2nd day I had the camera, the footage could have been alot better. I had used the camera for about 15 minutes on the standard battery to shoot other footage before I got there. Well, besides having about 20 minutes left on the only tape I had on me (I got a head cleaning message), so I Fast Forward and then rewinded the tape to hopefully find a clean spot on the tape. Well besides having a couple of skipped frames, the results were still amazing ( considering I am just learning how to make this camera work). Anyone that wants to look at the 30fps results, the file is available on my website for viewing (its in a windows .wmv degraded to 384Kbps and it still looks not bad for a newbee on full automatic, bad lighting, and so on)
<a href="http://www.portstanleynews.com/TV/Skate1.wmv">http://www.portstanleynews.com/TV/Skate1.wmv</a>

The question I would like to ask is "are the scene files besides the True Color available in just plain text so I can input them manually, because I don't have a SD card reading, writing equipment?
Thanks

Last edited by Doug Harvey; April 11th, 2006 at 02:42 PM.
Doug Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Harvey
Hi:
The question I would like to ask is "are the scene files besides the True Color available in just plain text so I can input them manually, because I don't have a SD card reading, writing equipment?
Thanks
Hi Doug, welcome to the club :)

Tim's settings are avaibale in text format, click on the "recipes" link in the first message and you'll get a PDF with the textual description of the configuration.
Old April 11th, 2006, 03:03 PM   #18
New Boot

Thank You

Thanks Paolo,

I guess I should have looked a little closer, Thanks for the directions.
Well, I will give them a try as the standard look seems bland.
Doug Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2006, 03:17 PM   #19
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Harvey
Hi:

It takes a little practice to get use to the change to a shoulder mount camera, I don't have the Anton Mount yet, have to wait until it comes in ( 2 weeks) , so it is a little front heavy, and slides around on your shoulder when shooting.
Doug, Not to get too off topic but I just got my AB adapter and used a Dionic on it. Sweet balance! I had shot all weekend with the standard JVC battery and agree, its a little front heavy. You will most likely love the weight with your Anton Bauers. I'm not sure it would be very good with a hytron or the old bricks, though. I'll post when I find out.

The IDX adapter, which I rented for another unit weighted out fairly well.
Dane Oldridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 10:52 PM   #20
Trustee

Hi,

I've added the "Panamatch" menu screen grabs to the Panamatch discussion in case people would like to try the file but do not have a card reader.

all the best...
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 02:50 AM   #21
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen L. Noe
Hi,

I've added the "Panamatch" menu screen grabs to the Panamatch discussion in case people would like to try the file but do not have a card reader.

all the best...
Thanks Stephen. I fixed the link in the top post.
Old April 20th, 2006, 10:04 AM   #22
Major Player

Tim,

Every link is working for me, except the ZIP files ones. It takes me to a DV Info Net Error Message, saying that I do not have "sufficient privileges".

Luis
Luis Otero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 10:30 AM   #23
Regular Crew

TCV2 and 35mm transfer

I got a gig DP'ing a short film for an up-and-coming Chinese director for film festival release. He took one look at my hot new camera and said, "yay, let's shoot!" We're going to be transferring to 35mm - I'm going to try out Paolo's TCV2 since I want to preserve every ounce of data for the color correction and digital intermediate stages. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Alexei Berteig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 05:17 PM   #24
Major Player

Alexei,

Paolo recently published a V3 of his setting. You may want to check them out, along with his comments as to why he is recommending the new parameters.

Luis
Old May 8th, 2006, 01:07 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Otero
Alexei,

Paolo recently published a V3 of his setting.

Luis
I just took a quick look around. Where's that recipie posted?
Old May 8th, 2006, 03:11 PM   #26
Major Player

Hey,

It is posting #11 of this thread: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...033#post475033

Hope this helps...

Luis
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:15 AM   #27
Major Player

Match settings for HD100 and HVX200

Anyone tried to match settings on the HD100 and the HVX200? I will be shooting a doc with both cameras...
Diogo Athouguia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 09:51 AM   #28
Major Player

Been there and tried that. I would maybe take another approach.

You might find that by setting the JVC to Paolos DSC matched setting and then working to match the HVX to a DSC color chart as well, might be a better approach. As a side note... I wonder if the HVX will gain you as much color latitude as does the JVC. I say this because although the HVX did a great job right out of the box in regards to color reproduction; it did not have nearly the range / latitude as did the JVC. This added topic is for another thread, sorry.

The only look of the HVX was softer with less detail. So the first thing you will want to do is to turn OFF detail on the JVC, (even a min setting was higher than the HVX in my opinion). then work on color.
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 06:46 PM   #29
Major Player

Thanks Daniel, I will try that!
Diogo Athouguia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 12:16 PM   #30
Regular Crew

A general question about the scene files.

What is the difference between using scenefiles (like TrueColor 1/2/3) to bump color & other variables during shooting, than doing it during post production inside NLE or other software?

assuming:
* Electronic sharpness is controlled or MIN/-7
* That I have time/desire to do minor tweaking anyway.

If you record widest possible bland image (maybe default settings or some wide DR scene), you have the freedom of tweaking it during post.

So, are SCN files used to save time during post or when post production is not a luxury...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems