HD100 Series Scene File Recipes & Downloadable .SCN files - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 6th, 2006, 01:05 PM   #61
Major Player

Would I be correct in saying that you can't use the camera itself as a card reader (which unfortunately I don't have...although I have a Panasonic mini DV cam with USB...that could work eh?)?
Currently playing around with the recipe's kindly posted on this forum...thought I'd first play around with the 'Amelie' recipe. Using this in 25p (SD) the image is extremely shuttery...am I doing something wrong?
Understand the delicate nature or progressive shooting but this quite extreme.
Shutter speed issue...that fact this is not in HDV?
thanks folks.
dave.
David Scattergood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #62
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scattergood
Would I be correct in saying that you can't use the camera itself as a card reader (which unfortunately I don't have...although I have a Panasonic mini DV cam with USB...that could work eh?)?
Currently playing around with the recipe's kindly posted on this forum...thought I'd first play around with the 'Amelie' recipe. Using this in 25p (SD) the image is extremely shuttery...am I doing something wrong?
Understand the delicate nature or progressive shooting but this quite extreme.
Shutter speed issue...that fact this is not in HDV?
thanks folks.
dave.
You should set your shutter speed to 1/50th for shooting in PAL DV (25P or 50i). The camera process settings will not affect the shutter in any way.
Old September 7th, 2006, 08:44 AM   #63
Major Player

Cheers Tim - not sure why the shutter speed had altered???
Same apply (1/50) for HDV?
must admit I'm struggling a little over CAM1/2 etc and the EXT.SCN and USER buttons?!?! Can the camera store more than 4 scenes whereas you can only store 4 of them on a card?
Can't say I've fallen in love with the JVC manual!

Thanks.
dave
Old September 8th, 2006, 07:17 AM   #64
Regular Crew

Live Hd30p/hd25p

Hey Tim,

Under file manage, what is the selection LIVE HD30P/HD25P used for, and when should it be used for?

Thanks.
Carl Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 07:34 AM   #65
Wrangler

Quote:
Cheers Tim - not sure why the shutter speed had altered???
Same apply (1/50) for HDV?
Yes. Shutter speed is shutter speed regardless of format. However, similar to what Canon does, the default shutter speed in DV mode is 1/25th on E models (1/24th on U models.) That is something to watch out for when using the camera in DV mode. The default shutter speeds in HDV mode are correct.
Quote:
must admit I'm struggling a little over CAM1/2 etc and the EXT.SCN and USER buttons?!?! Can the camera store more than 4 scenes whereas you can only store 4 of them on a card?
There are two user spaces on the camera and max 4 on any size SD card.
Quote:
Can't say I've fallen in love with the JVC manual!
It sometimes seems like the English manual was written by an automatic translator (Babelfish.) How many times have you seen "time cord" instead of "timecode?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Martin
Under file manage, what is the selection LIVE HD30P/HD25P used for, and when should it be used for?
They are just factory preset scene files designed as a starting point for new users. I've never used them, so I can't really comment on them.
Old September 8th, 2006, 07:40 AM   #66
Major Player

Cheers Tim.

Quote:
Quote:

There are two user spaces on the camera and max 4 on any SD card.
Cam 1 and 2 then EXT.SCN a through 4 right? I'll have to read up a bit more on this...I figured the User buttons were used for scene files also...and yes th translation is a bit 'wronged up' at times - I'd even asked on another thread what 'time cord' was!

Cheers for the reply.
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:32 PM   #67
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
They are just factory preset scene files designed as a starting point for new users. I've never used them.
Thanks Tim.
Carl Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:39 PM   #68
Wrangler

Quote:
...I figured the User buttons were used for scene files also...
The external user buttons can be assigned functions in the SWITCH MODE menu. (BARS, PRESET TEMP., B STRETCH 1-2-3, B COMPRESS 1-2-3, AE LEVEL + or -)

These buttons cannot be used to recall scene files.
Old September 9th, 2006, 02:53 PM   #69
Regular Crew

broken links to Stephen Noe's scene files

Most of the links published are broke for recipe
Keith Gruchala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2006, 03:26 AM   #70
Major Player

Thanks Tim - I'm getting there!
Old September 15th, 2006, 04:41 PM   #71
New Boot

Thank you all on this thread for your knowledge. I´ve learned a lot about camerasettings to achieve a special look in-cam. Does somebody know if this is doable on a (for example) Sony DSR570. I´m about to do a shooting of a theatrical piece with 3 Sony 570 and a JVC 101.The Sonys will work from long to mid-range and the JVC go extremclose on one actors face. I would like to have a bleachout look from all of them but less so from the JVC101.

Thanks for all the reciepe on scene files.
Christer Molander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2006, 11:43 AM   #72
Regular Crew

Hello. I've been using Tim's various receipes (color reversal, warm), Stephen's panamatch, and Paolo's TC the past few months. All of them are great and have their own uses. Which HD100 setting do you guys think is the closest to Steven Dempsey's panalook (XL-H1)?

Here's an example footage (warning, large download):

http://www.realm.cc/upload/disjecta/FridayHarbor.wmv
George David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2006, 01:43 PM   #73
Major Player

That's really special George, I'm struggling to believe this is from the same camera I have in front of me (still learning the multitude of elements that go into this and I haven't as yet had chance to film in high def).
Big file indeed...my PC struggled to catch up with it unfortunately, meaning the scenes stuttered.
Is this for a film project?
Old September 17th, 2006, 03:32 PM   #74
Regular Crew

It's one of Steven Dempsey's short subject films. It's pretty amazing that he can get that kind of quality from an XLH1. I'm pretty sure an HD100 can create stunning pictures like that, too. I just want to see what settings would be appropriate. I think the closest is probably Steven's panamatch setting shot during magic hour :-)
George David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2006, 03:56 PM   #75
Major Player

I am still downloading but that is an amazing video.
Joe Bowey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems