HD100 Series Scene File Recipes & Downloadable .SCN files - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 25th, 2008, 03:45 PM   #121

I just received my DSC Camette v8.1. Not exactly huge, but, it works, I think. I went thru Paolo's procedure for the HD110 and came up with some different numbers. For what it's worth, here's what I got:

AE LEVEL +3
MASTER BLACK -3
BLACK COMPRESS +3
WHITE CLIP 108%
KNEE MANUAL
LEVEL 90%
CINELIKE OFF
MATRIX STANDARD
RGAIN NORMAL
RROT 4
GGAIN 2
GROT NORMAL
BGAIN 2
BROT -2
ADVANCED GAMMA CINE
LEVEL MAX
COLOR GAIN NORMAL
WHITE PAINT B +15 AT 3700 KELVIN

I used a high power quartz light and white balanced very carefully. It was very difficult bringing yellow in on the vectorscope until I introduced the Blue white paint.

Not sure what I did was correct and I'll repeat the process later. Nevertheless, I'm very happy with the images I'm getting now. I have been using TC3.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 02:06 PM   #122
Major Player

I'm looking for a scene recipe for a cool blue look that retains the details of the other colors. I've toyed with using the Amelie flavor just reversing the blu and grn settings but that was ugly. Any ideas?
Alex Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 02:13 PM   #123
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Dunn View Post
I'm looking for a scene recipe for a cool blue look that retains the details of the other colors.
I advice to not do that in camera, post processing is where this should be done.
Old May 28th, 2008, 09:26 AM   #124
New Boot

Scene file to approximate a particular look ?

Hi All,

I'm just starting to try different scene files as a starting point for adjusting the look I get with my JVC HD100U.

I happened to come across this HD demo reel and really love the way it looks - especially the outdoor shots.

http://www.flashvideofactory.com/tes...H264_500K.html

Does anyone have an idea which scene file might come closest to approximating the look achieved here? I know there are many other factors - lol Just looking for a starting point.

Thanks!

- valentin
artist, producer, ninja
Old May 28th, 2008, 11:09 AM   #125
Regular Crew

I think that's just great cinematography, framing and lighting :-) TC3 is probably a good starting point. Lots of good post work there.
George David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 01:07 PM   #126
Regular Crew

I am unable to open or view Stephen Noe's scene files does anybody have a copy of the files or a link?

Thanks
David Allen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 08:22 AM   #127
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Allen Smith View Post
I am unable to open or view Stephen Noe's scene files does anybody have a copy of the files or a link?

Thanks
Here's a copy of the Pana Match recipe David:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/attachmen...9&d=1181405977

On a similar subject I'm wondering if there are any other cine/film look recipes around at the moment.
On an upcoming 'film' project I've been asked whether I can shoot 'so it looks likes film rather than video' . Of course I explained that the camera being progressive rather than interlaced will make great strides towards this goal - an in fact on footage shown on his television set he understood the differences straight away. However aside from a wide angle lens/35mm lens and other apparatus (and lighting...composition etc) is there anything I could tweak (motion blur/cinelike) within the HD100 or should I perhaps concentrate on absorbing as much 'reality' from the lens (say using Paulo's Tru Col 3 file) and then figure the rest out in post?
I'm loading Stephen's Pana Match this week so I'll give that a good 'rummage'.

I'm struck at some of the different footage I've seen on these boards using the standard lens and indeed using Tim Dashwoods Film Noir I managed to pull off some fantastic, film looking footage.
I'm hoping Tim's DVD is released for PAL soon...:)
David Scattergood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 11:44 AM   #128
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scattergood View Post
Here's a copy of the Pana Match recipe David:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/attachmen...9&d=1181405977

On a similar subject I'm wondering if there are any other cine/film look recipes around at the moment.
On an upcoming 'film' project I've been asked whether I can shoot 'so it looks likes film rather than video' . Of course I explained that the camera being progressive rather than interlaced will make great strides towards this goal - an in fact on footage shown on his television set he understood the differences straight away. However aside from a wide angle lens/35mm lens and other apparatus (and lighting...composition etc) is there anything I could tweak (motion blur/cinelike) within the HD100 or should I perhaps concentrate on absorbing as much 'reality' from the lens (say using Paulo's Tru Col 3 file) and then figure the rest out in post?
I'm loading Stephen's Pana Match this week so I'll give that a good 'rummage'.

I'm struck at some of the different footage I've seen on these boards using the standard lens and indeed using Tim Dashwoods Film Noir I managed to pull off some fantastic, film looking footage.
I'm hoping Tim's DVD is released for PAL soon...:)

Thanks a lot David! I am looking forward to hearing how the settings work for you. Have you tried using the or do you have the "Any Scenario" settings
David Allen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2008, 01:25 PM   #129
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentin Fuhrer View Post
Hi All,

I'm just starting to try different scene files as a starting point for adjusting the look I get with my JVC HD100U.

I happened to come across this HD demo reel and really love the way it looks - especially the outdoor shots.

http://www.flashvideofactory.com/tes...H264_500K.html

Does anyone have an idea which scene file might come closest to approximating the look achieved here? I know there are many other factors - lol Just looking for a starting point.

Thanks!

- valentin
artist, producer, ninja
That's not a demo reel. It is a trailer for the DVD Heima by the Icelandic Band Sigur Ros.

It was all shot in HD. Not sure which format. Probably HDCAM. Very high end production.

Daniel Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2008, 08:10 PM   #130
Regular Crew

I'm trying to find paulo's "truecolor" scene files- but it seems his website is dead. Any other links?
Rob Stowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 08:48 AM   #131
Trustee

Hi Rob.

My site is back up. Clueless host moved to physically a new machine and forgot to mention it to me. Apologies to everybody who tried to connect in the past hours.
Old September 17th, 2008, 06:05 PM   #132
Regular Crew

THANKS Paulo.
I'm looking forward to trying out the settings. But also fascinating to read about how you got there. Good practical stuff. I have a feeling it will work well with PAL- but since PAL colour is a little different, I'm now armed with knowledge that may allow me to start tweaking myself!
Regards- Rob
Rob Stowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 07:01 PM   #133
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Paolo: just printed the calibration article. Looking quite forward to seeing it in action on the next shoot I can experiment on. Thank you in advance.
Old September 18th, 2008, 08:10 AM   #134
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Stowell View Post
THANKS Paulo.
I'm looking forward to trying out the settings. But also fascinating to read about how you got there. Good practical stuff. I have a feeling it will work well with PAL- but since PAL colour is a little different
Hi Rob. You're very welcome. If you mean that PAL uses the SD color space instead of the 709 standard for HD then yes, there is a tiny difference but I don't think that it should account for much but let us know you're findings.

Good luck.
Old September 27th, 2008, 03:39 PM   #135
Trustee

Tim Dashwood

Hi Tim,

None of the links to my scene files are available (from the first post). Can you please relink the files? I get request for them and would like them to remain active on the board.

Thanks,

Stephen L. Noe
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems