Video missing? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 15th, 2006, 02:26 PM   #1
New Boot

Video missing?

We just looked at the 13th of 18 tapes in a feature shoot I'm working on using the HD100 and the first four minutes of the tape play audio and timecode, but video is not visible. The video returns in the middle of one of our takes. I read in another forum that in the HDV format, the audio and video are connected, so it should be all or nothing. Anyone have an idea what might have happened here?
Derek Miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 02:49 PM   #2
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Miner
We just looked at the 13th of 18 tapes in a feature shoot I'm working on using the HD100 and the first four minutes of the tape play audio and timecode, but video is not visible. The video returns in the middle of one of our takes. I read in another forum that in the HDV format, the audio and video are connected, so it should be all or nothing. Anyone have an idea what might have happened here?
It could either be the mode changing bug, or a slightly different firmware bug I unfortunately discovered in my camera as well.

Two questions:
1. Did you buy your camera in Canada?
2. Did you possibly load a scene file, then press the REC button before it said "Complete!" on the screen?

Here is the thread about the "Mode changing" issue.
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=60398

I've been told by a reliable source that a firmware update will be available in the U.S. very shortly that will take care of all of these bugs.
Old March 16th, 2006, 01:19 PM   #3
New Boot

Ooh

I didn't know that these symptoms were related to the "mode change" issue, since I didn't see that in the viewfinder. Thanks for pointing me to the other thread.
Derek Miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2006, 07:08 PM   #4
Regular Crew

bugs bugs bugs. We should all stop doing so much bugs. The anger and frustration creates a sort of elation unmatched by say heroin or even sony.
Albert Henson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems