DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   FREE upgrade for U.S. owners to "A" Version (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/63294-free-upgrade-u-s-owners-version.html)

Stephen L. Noe March 27th, 2006 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen L. Noe
Progress report.

Camera was recieved by JVC today and it's now in the system. I sent the camera out on Monday from the Chicago area (USPS Priority w/insurance) and they've input it into the system today. I also ordered the confirmation on when the camera was recieved from the USPS, however I have not received the confirmation yet.

Progress report.

I sent an HD-100 last monday (March 20) and now it's exactly 7 days later and they've updated the camera on their website and "dispatched" it via UPS today. The tracking number and UPS information states the camera should be delivered on the 31st. If that holds true then the entire process takes 12 days when the camera is sent from Chicago...

Carl Hicks March 29th, 2006 11:36 AM

Update turn-around time

All:

Please remember that the stated 3 day turn-around goal is only if the unit is sent to the Cypress, CA facility, as the website states. If you send it to another JVC Pro service facility, it may take longer. Also, if there are any other issues that you ask to be looked at, it will take longer.

Also, remember shipping transit time to & from JVC.

Regards, Carl

Nate Weaver March 29th, 2006 05:58 PM

Well, i just got my cam back from Cypress. There's 2 new menu items now, one about battery display in LCD/VF menu (page 2), and one about how the rec trigger in the firewire stream is timed vs. the tape mech.

For curiosity's sake, here's the numbers:

sys cpu c1590 v0401
cam cpu c1591 v0203
vtr cpu c1594 v0120
enc cpu L1187 v0108

package c1615 v0202
fpga2 c1595 v0202
fpga3 c1596 v0101
fpga4 c1597 v0106

Almost all the numbers in the "V" column have incremented compared to other numbers posted on the board here. I myself wouldn't freak out if you get your camera back and have different numbers than I, I guarantee that there's more to know about this than just simply "my numbers are different, they must have screwed up".

Just FYI...

[update: I just found by holding STOP and MENU down for 5secs you can access a menu to adjust Anton Bauer battery voltage cutoffs.]

Daniel Patton March 29th, 2006 06:36 PM

Thanks Nate, I hope more people post the new firmware numbers as well.

I have been holding back from sending our camera in. I need to wait until I know we can be without, for a weeks time. Besides, none of the issues that the firmware fixes are criticle for us right now, or so I hope.

Do we have a solid list of everything that this update fixes / adds, like your new found menu items?

Carl Hicks March 29th, 2006 08:50 PM

Firmware versions

Keep in mind that depending on when your GYHD100U was built, there are various combinations of hardware and firmware that will be installed to accomplish "A" upgrades. So, even after everyone's "A" upgrades are done, the firmware versions may not match exactly.

The goal is for everyone to have the full functionality of the "A" version, whatever that takes.

Carl

John Mitchell March 29th, 2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Hicks
Keep in mind that depending on when your GYHD100U was built, there are various combinations of hardware and firmware that will be installed to accomplish "A" upgrades.
Carl

Carl can you specify whether any other hardware upgrades may be required apart from the one mentioned by Marc Colemont (in this thread) or is that "highly secret stuff"?

Carl Hicks March 29th, 2006 09:17 PM

John, I don't have specifics on the hardware updates. I'm not privy to the details on that in my position. It's nothing major, and may or may not be required, based on when the camera was built.

Daniel Patton March 29th, 2006 09:21 PM

Got it Carl, thanks for the info.

You know us anal-retentive techie camera geeks, we just like to analyze everything regardless. ;)

Thanks again for all your help this last month by the way. I have been editing down the results from that shoot for a couple weeks now. The production crew keeps praising the footage and how well of a job the JVC did. It kills me not to show it off early around here, but I ike my job too much to risk it.

Carl Hicks March 29th, 2006 09:30 PM

I look forward to seeing some samples eventually.

Nate Weaver March 29th, 2006 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Hicks
Keep in mind that depending on when your GYHD100U was built, there are various combinations of hardware and firmware that will be installed to accomplish "A" upgrades. So, even after everyone's "A" upgrades are done, the firmware versions may not match exactly.

That's kinda what I was getting at on the tail end of my post. In one way, posting numbers for people to compare is pointless, because I highly suspected it was much more complicated than just "these are the new versions" and if you don't have them it's wrong.

So sorry for making your job more difficult that way, but I wanted to post my info just for the sake of science.

Chris Basmas March 30th, 2006 12:20 AM

From a technical point of view, if every HD100 has the same hardware components, then all hardware and firmware numbers should be the same. Otherwise is not the same camera.

Chris Hurd March 30th, 2006 12:44 AM

Sorry but no, you do not know that to be a fact.

When Carl says that the firmware versions may not match exactly, but that everyone will have whatever it takes to complete the "A" model upgrade, then we're going to take that to be true.

There may be one firmware version to get a Sep. 2005 camera upgraded to A status, there may be another version to get a Feb. 2006 camera upgraded to A status, and so on. Please, no conspiracy theories -- thanks in advance,

Chris Basmas March 30th, 2006 01:47 AM

Then the Sep.2005 camera and the Feb.2006 camera did't have the same hardware components.
But i agree the end result is what counts, and JVC
this time is serious about helping its customers.

Chris Hurd March 30th, 2006 01:49 AM

Yes inded, I'm with ya on that one.

Stephen L. Noe March 31st, 2006 06:10 PM

Camera is back in my hands

OK, Today the UPS carrier brought back an HD-100 to me that has been "A'd" The entire process took 12 days from Chicago. I'm wasting no time getting it back into production.

end of story....