Splitscreen and jumping pixels at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 21st, 2006, 05:45 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Splitscreen and jumping pixels

I did now about the splitscreen-effect before. But I was only having it against my white-painted wall att home, so I wasnt to worried...until I looked at this clips filmed in perfect conditions (here is a jpeg from the timeline http://www.plonk.se/pixelsandsplitscreen.jpg .

I have SSE on lots of clips where there is a bloue sky.

Another thing; look at the pixels in the image, the are very big and is jumping around. Looks very bad to me.

Is it possible to fix these problems with an upgrade of the chip?

I have GY HD100E Pal-version.
Mikael Widerberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 08:54 AM   #2
New Boot

hi,

one question: is this filmed in 25p or 24p?
I think is 25p.

For the SSE you need a recalibration, my hd100e after a calibration and a warming of 15/20 minutes are ok.

For the jumping pixel in the sky probabilly is caused by the SSE that in your case seems to be red-pixel.

cya
Andrea Toniolo Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 08:54 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Widerberg
Is it possible to fix these problems with an upgrade of the chip?
There is no upgrade of the chip. If you have a lot of the SSE, try to have the camera re-calibrated or replaced. The upgrade doesn't replace the chips.
Old March 21st, 2006, 12:43 PM   #4
Regular Crew

recalibration

Try to recalibrate the camera with JVC, if the split screen appears only when you use max gain and even then just occasionally, in extreme conditions, then the camera is fixed and OK.
For the jumping pixels I cannot see them at your picture. I see a magnification 2X that normally blows out the pixels of the image.
You meen maybe on the moving image you see some kind of noise, blocks of color...?
By recalibrating hopefully your problems will be solved.
Panos B
Panos Bournias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 01:14 PM   #5
Wrangler

Mikael,

I see the SSE and it is unfortunate it happened to you in such nice conditions. I would definitely take it in for service/calibration.

What gain set to 0dB? What gamma setting were you using?

Is your camera one of the originals released in Europe last summer?

As for the "jumping pixels," I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to. I see compression artifacting in your frame grab, but I'm not sure if it is from JPEG compression or MPEG compression on the original m2t.
Old March 21st, 2006, 02:31 PM   #6
Regular Crew

The jumping pixels are on the originals m2T-files and looks the same on the jpeg image as well. The jumping pixels are quite big blocks that jumps around on the moving image, i wish it would have been tiny pixels insted.

And yes, its filmed in 25P with all settings on default. Manual expouser and white balance. I use Aspect HD, latest version. The cam is one of the first that came out last september.

I have to take it in for a service, absolutly. I will have to send it to New Zeland from Sweden :( or send it to "JVC Professional Europe" in England and pay for the service as well :(

Thanks!
Mikael Widerberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 03:57 PM   #7
New Boot

if you confirmed that is filmed in 25p the problem is in the firmware upgrade. I had that type of problem in my camera when filmed with 25p (before the upgrade);

Anyway in the "old" version if you try in 24p you see no compression artifacts at all.

After the firmware upgrade the 25p will be better.
Andrea Toniolo Vi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems