DR-HD100 Shipping? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 21st, 2006, 04:26 PM   #1
Wrangler

DR-HD100 Shipping?

So I just got an email from Focus Enhancements's automated notify system about the DR-HD100 shipping as of today. I assume some other people just now are getting this as well.

Has anybody spoken to a rep (from either Focus or JVC) about how this thing works? They've touted all along that not only would it record .m2t (as expected), but also Quicktime 24P, etc.

I plan on buying one, but assumed this thing wouldn't actually ship until FCP6 arrived and the file format for QT 720p24 HDV was hammered out by Apple. If FCP6 adopts some sort of m2t to QT ingest like it does with P2 MXFs, then we'll be fine. I guess there's just too many questions about how this is going to jive with FCP before I plunk down $1500!
Old March 21st, 2006, 04:52 PM   #2
Wrangler

I just got it too. I'm sure this was meant to coincide with the HD100 A update.
I hopefully will hear from my dealer tomorrow morning.

I really want one for each of our cameras, but just like with the 13x lens, I will want to test it out thoroughly before committing to a purchase. Hopefully some demos start arriving at dealers soon.
Old March 21st, 2006, 04:57 PM   #3
Major Player

I'd love to see what you seasoned pros come up with on this. It looks great on paper, I'd love to see if in the practical world it comes through.
Old March 21st, 2006, 04:59 PM   #4
Trustee

Does anyone know of a current brochure or user manual (pdf file) that outlines this drive's capabilites?
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 05:50 PM   #5
Wrangler

http://www.focusenhancements.com/dyn...10Nov05-US.pdf
Old March 21st, 2006, 07:04 PM   #6
Major Player

After the initial problem (now fixed) I've been using the hdpro 80 gig for a week or so and it works great. Its practicaly the same as the dr hd100 bar a few very small points. Only supports m2t at the moment but the guys at Focus said they are working on HD wrappers for quicktime, panasonics camera to get round the p2 card and I think Avid. Also on a plus side it hardly eats into the IDX power on my 7s at all. However, On the down side I had to pay for the bracket as an add on. IDX charged me a whopping £160 I guess that's around $300. A complete rip off in my opinion but at the time I had no other choice. All for now.

Greg C
Greg Corke is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems