WMP10+DVB plug-in? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 22nd, 2006, 02:30 PM   #1
Major Player

WMP10+DVB plug-in?

Does anyone know how to use WMP 10 with DVB plugin. My m2t files currently have the VLC player logo on them and I can't seem to get the player WMP that is or the plug-in to recognise them and it's driving me f***ing mad.

Thanks Greg C
Greg Corke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2006, 05:00 PM   #2
Trustee

Take the m2t file and open it with WMP10. WMP10 will squak and say it doesn't know what the file is and ask "do you want to open it anyway"? Select yes and then the file association will take place and m2t will play in WMP.
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2006, 12:37 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Stephen,

That is exactly what I am doing but for some reason the thing still won't play. When I get the error report I also get a debug box at the bottom when I press it the whole thing shuts down. I think there may have been a problem with the install but I can't find WMP10 in my programme list to remove and re-install. Wierd and frustrating. I'll keep trying.

Thanks anyway mate, Greg.
Greg Corke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2006, 12:54 AM   #4
Trustee

Hi Greg,

After you loaded MP10 did you load the plugin? Does MP10 play regular wmv's and mp3's? You probably don't need to uninstall MP10, however, if you do want to, here's how to do it.

Start>settings>control panel>add/remove programs>add/remove windows component>uncheck the box for windows media player and select OK.

That will uninstall WMP and then you can try and reinstall, but I don't think that's what the problem is if MP10 will play wmv and mp3. It's likely the plugin needs reinstalling.

Good luck and BTW, the plugin is installed on all out machines and works OK.

Keep at it...
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems