Error: Low Light at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 25th, 2006, 10:24 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Error: Low Light

So I'm still learning a few things with the HD100...I'm set up to shoot at HD24p at 48fps. However, when I try to white balance I generally get a "Error Low Light" warning, and it doesn't white balance. I'm used to my old Sony VX2000 that balanced in any condition. I've opened the aperture up all the way, but I still recieve the Error Low Light - any suggestions?

Best,
Tommy
Tommy Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 11:07 PM   #2
Regular Crew

error over light

With a relatively new camera that I have I get the message error over light. Then closing down, way down from the normal apperture I manage to white balance. What I do: I use auto iris, or instant auto iris, and white balance on a white board. Then there is no problem. With my previous camera, that was one of the first PAL models, I never had this issue. If I force a white balance with an apperture that is not correct and without a board, the white balance is always wrong. I am wondering if there is an update for this because can be disturbing if you shoot and run..
Panos Bournias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2006, 12:00 AM   #3
Trustee

Tommy, does the image look properly lit in the VF/LCD? So you have any of the ND filters on?
Old March 26th, 2006, 02:25 AM   #4
Trustee

Gain up temporarily and do the white balance and then turn your gain back off. For the overlight scenario, use your ND filter as needed.
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2006, 12:21 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks

Paolo and Stephen:
Thanks guys, the image did look a little dark on the monitor. The room obviously needs more light, but I adjusted using the gain feature and then turned the gain back off, it seems that's as good as it'll get.

Thanks, Tommy
Tommy Davis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems