DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   HD100 Demo (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/64529-hd100-demo.html)

Jeremey Shelton April 6th, 2006 05:34 PM

HD100 Demo

Ok, I have an HD100 to demo through the first of next week, and I am looking for a few "paces" I should put it through to make sure it is what I am wanting. So I am looking for ideas / things to look for.

I am currently running FCP 4.5, so I am guessing I am out on editing / viewing any of HDV footage, which stinks! I am upgrading through the "universal" offer, but that will be a while. I may go ahead and shoot some HDV and hang onto the tape for when the new version arrives.

I am also going to look through the forum for some of "scene files" or set up info I have read on here (somewhere I don't remember where). I thought I remembered them increasing the quality of the shots (i.e. color, richness of blacks, etc.). So I defintely want to the set it up properly, there is no telling what settings are on in this demo unit right now. If you know where I can find some and feel like posting, please feel free. Otherwise I will be searching.

Thanks in advance!

Paolo Ciccone April 6th, 2006 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremey Shelton
I am also going to look through the forum for some of "scene files" or set up info I have read on here (somewhere I don't remember where). I thought I remembered them increasing the quality of the shots (i.e. color, richness of blacks, etc.). So I defintely want to the set it up properly, there is no telling what settings are on in this demo unit right now. If you know where I can find some and feel like posting, please feel free. Otherwise I will be searching.

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy, look at the top of this forum's page, 3rd thread from the top is "sticky" with pointers to several scene files and settings posted by Tim, Stephen and myself.

Paul Jefferies April 7th, 2006 04:15 AM

For your own peace of mind, why not try and see all the "bad" things that this camera is supposed to do - go to maximum telephoto to look for CA, point at a white wall and turn the gain to maximum to look for splitscreen etc. Before I bought my camera I did a lot of research and I was very concerned about these things but since buying I realised that these for me were non-issues, and they have never noticeably affected any of my footage

Jeremey Shelton April 10th, 2006 08:09 PM

I have been shooting some footage with the HD100 and now I want to capture some footage, just to play with. Here is my set up.

1. I am running FCP 4.5
2. I am running video out into my DCVPro deck
3. Capturing via FW in FCP 4.5 with it set to anamorphic / uncontrollable device

My problem is that FCP is still stretching the image to fill the 4:3 project I am trying to plug the footage into. How do I avoid this, using the capture method I was talking about above?