DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Hd101 not compatible with win XP? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/64680-hd101-not-compatible-win-xp.html)

Eugen Oprina April 9th, 2006 07:13 AM

Hd101 not compatible with win XP?

Hi,
Few month ago a reported an incompatibility between hd101 (firmware updated) and the DVRACK software. Nobody answered, so I thought that my camera has something.... . Finally a local dealer brought three HD101 cameras for a private TV channel. Testing them I realised that the problem is not the dvrack is the win XP OS. With all of them (the 3 cameras) I had the same behaviour; when I connect the camera to the system a message says that a dv device is connected but in explorer the monitor where you suppose to see the image from the camera there was no signal so the monitor was white. It happened once that I connected a sony camera, in explorer the monitor worked fine so we could see images from the sony. Immediately after when I plugged in the JVC we finally saw the images from the camera, opening the dvrack the image was there but it doesn't last long, when I pressed the rec button the image on the dvrack monitor freeze forever.

If anyone has any experience/opinion regarding this issue is welcome to help me. Before the firmware update the camera worked fine with dvrack.
Of course that the dealer says that the problem is in window's garden.
Thank you for your time,
Eugen

John Yamamoto April 10th, 2006 12:15 AM

i amOK with XP

Hi,
i just install XP for capturing with CapVHS
u need to add as video device and be sure u set at HDV format
i start the camera and u select install by urselef then goto
device manager >audiovideo device> JVC >tape recorder

test with CapDVHS,

goodluck
Jy

Paolo Ciccone April 10th, 2006 10:09 AM

Eugene.

I've been using DVRack with the HD100 since day one without a problem. I hear that the type of video card and the amount of memory installed, in the video card, is a factor with DVRack.

I use an HP Laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon card with 128MB RAM and it works OK.

Eugen Oprina April 10th, 2006 01:52 PM

Paolo and John,
I am using the camera in DV mode not HDV.
I didn't have any problem untill the firmware update.
My laptop is a P4 3Ghz HT with Nvidia GeForce Go 5600 (64Mb).
My camera is HD101 and the firmware is
SYS CPU C1590 V0202
CAM CPU C1591 V0202
VTR CPU C1594 V0114
ENG CPU L1187 V0105

PACKAGE C1615 V0201
FPGA2 C1595 V0201
FPGA3 C1596 V0101
FPGA4 C1597 V0104
And still doesn't work with XP.
Any help is welcome,
Eugen

Paolo Ciccone April 10th, 2006 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eugen Oprina
Paolo and John,
I am using the camera in DV mode not HDV.
I didn't have any problem untill the firmware

Interesting. I'm using HD and it works fine. Let's see, you flipped the 1394 switch to DV? What is the setting for the "Others/1394 Rec Trig" option inthe menu?

Paul Jefferies April 10th, 2006 04:35 PM

Is it an "E" problem?

I have also had problems with the JVC being recognised by the computer, and mine is also a European model (HD101E) - My Avid Xpress Pro can take HDV 720p30, and it has a device listing for "JVC HD100 60" but it will not recognise or digitise from my cam in HDV 30p mode (I know that 24 and 25 are not supported yet) - are you who have replied "no problem" on this post based in the US - is there maybe an issue with the "U" models being recognised and the "E" models not, especially the HD101 which is an "E" model only? Any ideas?

Paolo Ciccone April 10th, 2006 05:41 PM

[QUOTE=Paul Jefferies- are you who have replied "no problem" on this post based in the US - is there maybe an issue with the "U" models being recognised and the "E" models not, especially the HD101 which is an "E" model only? Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Hi Paul.

yes, I live in the US and my camera is a "U" model.