DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   SD card access problem (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/65409-sd-card-access-problem.html)

Craig Donaldson April 18th, 2006 04:58 PM

SD card access problem

Hi there,

I was just trying to save some of the scene file setups some of you guys have generously told us all about on this forum....thanks by the way..... but when i try to write them to the card or even format my card i get a message saying

"ERROR SD CARD- NO ACCESS- PUSH JOG BUTTON"

Anyone else seen this message? Is it a fault or am i just doing something wrong? Iv'e tried 2 different SD cards........

thanks

Craig

P.s. iv'e had my 101-e for almost 12 months now and apart from this problem, a sticky macro and some dirty heads from the factory (1st few tapes were full of dropouts- hundreds of em') ive enjoyed using this camera a lot and very happy with my purchase.... .....

Warren Shultz April 18th, 2006 06:12 PM

Have you formatted the card? If not, go through your menu to that option and you should have access.

Warren

Chris Hurd April 18th, 2006 06:40 PM

If it's an SD (Secure Digital) card, are you sure that the little slide switch on its side is not set to the locked position?

Laszlo Horvath April 18th, 2006 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Donaldson
Hi there,

I was just trying to save some of the scene file setups some of you guys have generously told us all about on this forum....thanks by the way..... but when i try to write them to the card or even format my card i get a message saying

"ERROR SD CARD- NO ACCESS- PUSH JOG BUTTON"

Anyone else seen this message? Is it a fault or am i just doing something wrong? Iv'e tried 2 different SD cards........

thanks

Craig

I had the exact same problem with both of my camera. (One from last September the other is from February, so different firmwares)
I can't use the supplied Panasonic cards at all, and also had a problem with Kingston. I bought Sandisk and working just fine. (I use 256mb because I can't find smaller)
Wierd, very wierd.
I tought I'm the only one, and I never asked.
But look like I'm not the only one.

Laszlo

Craig Donaldson April 18th, 2006 09:01 PM

Strange things have happened since.....

Firstly i had tried to format the card only to get the same message so i pulled it out, checked the tab wasnt in, burnt some incense, rotated the card 7 times for good luck then flipped it 7 times for more good luck and put it back in the camera.

Amazingly that seemed to work, came up with positive result- SD CARD FORMATTED.

Then , when i tried to load a scene file (manually) on any of the card files it gives the option then quickly changes back to cam 1 or cam 2 scene files. Will not let me execute scene file to sd card.....

Any thoughts?

Craig

Laszlo Horvath April 18th, 2006 09:24 PM

Craig, if you don't mined buy a Sandisk card, (the smallest one) and you'll see, that will work.
Why?
I don't know but this was the solution for me on both of my camera.

Laszlo