Report from JVC booth at NAB - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 27th, 2006, 02:55 PM   #16
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo Ciccone
Tim, I'm not sure if you mean support of the HD100 24p in DVRack. I used DVRack with the HDV power pack in 24p for a few months. I saw on the SM forum, before NAB, that they have implemented 709 color space and that will be part of the next update of DVRack.
Hi Paulo,

I know that DvRack can capture a m2t stream just like CapVHS or similar apps. My main questions (and you might be able to answer these since you have it) are:
1. Can DVRack be triggered by the HD100?
2. Can DVRack remove the pulldown and transcode into an avi or mov wrapper?
3. Can DVRack maintain tape original TC?
Old April 27th, 2006, 04:01 PM   #17
Trustee

Hey Tim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
Hi Paulo,
My main questions (and you might be able to answer these since you have it) are:
1. Can DVRack be triggered by the HD100?
Yes, you press Rec on the camera and it records both on tape on on DVRack. The software shows a big red recording thumbnail in the DVR, just for piece of mind :)

Quote:
2. Can DVRack remove the pulldown and transcode into an avi or mov wrapper?
Yes about wrapper for DV no for HDV. For HDV the resulting files are .m2t, straight from the camera. I load those into HDVxDV, or MPEG Streamclip, and convert them to .mov

Quote:
3. Can DVRack maintain tape original TC?
Yes, but I'm not 100% sure. I can see the timecode in HDVxDV, can't find a way of displaying it in MPEG Streamclip. I didn't compare it with the tape because I never had the need to use the tapes but it looks consistent.
Old April 27th, 2006, 06:45 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
HZ-CA13U PL mount adapter. – This is more than just an adapter – it is a re-imager. The end result is a field-of-view of Super-16 using PL mount lenses. The image will be inverted and flipped, but the two new cameras will unflip the image ON TAPE. This is a BIG DEAL and something that was on my wishlist for ages. My goal today is to find out how this thing actually works since it supposedly does not have a ground glass/focusing screen. There is not alot of information on this thing... not even a MSRP.
OMG, this is fantastic news Tim. I hope that there will be a way so that we can upgrade our cameras (JVC 100/101) so that we can at least flip the image in the viewfinder or the LCD. Some say $1300 for the mount, that is a great price...blows all competition away right there!

Im a little bit jealous for the 50/60p function in the new cameras, but I can already see the Super-16 PL mount on my camera running in 24p...oh man!! =)
Soroush Shahrokni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2006, 10:29 PM   #19
Inner Circle

It was nice to meet Tim and Carl (I met Ken many years ago in FL). The JVC booth was a hoppin place. Now gotta start shooting with my new HD-100.
The PL mount is great news for the 24p crowd.
Old April 27th, 2006, 11:15 PM   #20
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Carney
The JVC booth was a hoppin place.
Yeah, it really was wasn't it? Everytime I swung by the booth I ran into someone from this forum!
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:37 AM   #21
Wrangler

I just added some photos of some stuff I found interesting at the show. Check the top post.
Old April 28th, 2006, 01:08 AM   #22
Trustee

Quote:
I just added some photos of some stuff I found interesting at the show. Check the top post.
Thanks again Tim.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems