To Dave Beaty - Regarding The Rescuers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 1st, 2006, 10:51 AM   #1
Major Player

To Dave Beaty - Regarding The Rescuers

I saw in the DR-HD100 post about how you shot in 720/24P. I am getting this camera soon, and have downloaded the MPEG-4 Streamclip program. I am going to get the HDD because I want a tapeless workflow, and currently it cannot wrap the files in Quicktime for my FCP system.

What exact settings and output did you use for the RAW HDV files that the DR-HD100 records?

Also, the JVC uses a 2:3 Pulldown (I think), so what process did you use for that?
Steve Benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 11:46 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Benner
I saw in the DR-HD100 post about how you shot in 720/24P. I am getting this camera soon, and have downloaded the MPEG-4 Streamclip program. I am going to get the HDD because I want a tapeless workflow, and currently it cannot wrap the files in Quicktime for my FCP system.

What exact settings and output did you use for the RAW HDV files that the DR-HD100 records?

Also, the JVC uses a 2:3 Pulldown (I think), so what process did you use for that?

The DR will record any format the camera is set too. IOW, the files on the DR are JVC HDV 720p24 or 30p depending on settings. Not sure how JVC flags the 24 frames from the 59.94 captured.

So, in using Streamclip to transcode to Quicktime, the settings I was using were DVCPro HD, 720p 59.94

HTH Dave
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 12:22 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Beaty
The DR will record any format the camera is set too. IOW, the files on the DR are JVC HDV 720p24 or 30p depending on settings. Not sure how JVC flags the 24 frames from the 59.94 captured.

So, in using Streamclip to transcode to Quicktime, the settings I was using were DVCPro HD, 720p 59.94

HTH Dave
Did you remove the Pulldown in FCP?
Steve Benner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems