Under water housing? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 4th, 2006, 10:17 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Under water housing?

I don't know what happend to my earlier post about this....

Does anyone know of an underwater housing for the hd100.
Using stock lense and idx battery pack.

Thanks in advance
Old May 4th, 2006, 11:27 PM   #2
2nd Unit TV

I thought I responded to this but apparently not so here goew again, Joe.TW, god to hear from you today on the phone.

No one makes one yet that I know of that's trustworthy because we've been looking. Ikelite, the most trusted name in U/W photography only has one for the H1 and 10. Your best bet, if you're in a bind, is the ewa marine soft case but I won't trust our equipment to it; not because it's poor workmanship but because because it's a soft bag and its succeptible to tears. Underwater, rocks, coral and just about everything else is a threat that might not be topside, especially metal which disintegrates to reveal jagged, shap edges. If anyone hears of one, though, please post it. Alot of divers will be indebted to you. If you're in a bind though Joe, go to ewa-marine.com/english/camcorder/e-tv171.htm for the soft bag one. Good luck.

Jonathan
Jonathan Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 12:41 AM   #3
New Boot

Hi Joe, i've been reserching about it for long time. Apparently, the only brand could make it is Equinox, very reliable housings, not like Gates, but so far the only choice you have. Keep in mind that brings the hd 100 underwater will be a challenge (if you just think about pulling focus). Any advice you need let me know.

Fabrizio Sciarra
DoP
www.hdunderwaterfilming.com
dp@hdunderwaterfilming.com
Fabrizio Sciarra is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems