Did my LCD screen die?!?! Help! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 11th, 2006, 11:42 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Did my LCD screen die?!?! Help!

We were shooting yesterday and evenything was fine. We come in today and turn it on the LCD screen is black/dark, dark blue. The veiw finder is fine, but nothing at all on the LCD screen, and when we power it down we can tell a diffrence in the color of the screen so we're sure its getting power... but apparently no signal.

Anyone hear of this before? What do we do?
DJ Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 01:47 PM   #2
Sponsor: TapeWorks Texas

DJ, it definitely looks like a technical issue. Try calling JVC Professional Product support line at 800-582-5825

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks Texas Inc/HDVinfo Sponser
Scott Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 02:24 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Lewis
We were shooting yesterday and evenything was fine. We come in today and turn it on the LCD screen is black/dark, Anyone hear of this before? What do we do?
Hi DJ - Not sure if it's the same issue, but every so often (usually after we have been changing settings) the flip out screen on our HD101E goes black when the camera is turned on - this is resolved by switching the camera off for a few minutes and turning back on again.

Regards: Stu...
www.studioscotland.co.uk
Stewart Menelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 04:05 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thank Stu, I wish I had got you reply before we boxed it up and sent to the service center. :) I was assured that they turn around on this would be quick though.....
DJ Lewis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems