DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Anton Bauer Power Promo with GYHD100UA (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/68028-anton-bauer-power-promo-gyhd100ua.html)

Scott Cantrell May 23rd, 2006 03:40 PM

Anton Bauer Power Promo with GYHD100UA

JVC has announced a PROHD Power Promo II

For all new purchases of the GYHD100UA from an Authorized JVC Professional Dealer purchased between May 1, 2006 and June 30, 2006, JVC will ship directly to the end user an AB-DIONIC-HDV Anton Bauer Battery System Package which includes the Dionic90 14.4V/90 WH battery, Titan70 Charger/AC Adapter and QR-JVC7/14HDV GYHD100UA Battery Bracket.
This is a $1,195.00 retail value.

Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for processing of the promotional items from the time the claim has been received by JVC Professional Products company.

If you have any questions pertaining to this offer, or require a quotation, please contact TapeWorks Texas Inc Toll Free 866-827-3489 and speak with either Jason or Scott.

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser
www.tapeworkstexas.com
scott@tapeworkstexas.com

Joe Bowey May 23rd, 2006 05:54 PM

Wow, I wonder if they will get their batteries before my IDX comes?

Steve Benner May 23rd, 2006 06:12 PM

I bought mine about two weeks ago. What is the process to get one of these?

Ram Ganesh May 23rd, 2006 07:32 PM

wow this is great news...!! thanks JVC :)

what is the procedure? any links?

Carl Hicks May 23rd, 2006 07:37 PM

Anton Bauer Claim form

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Benner
I bought mine about two weeks ago. What is the process to get one of these?

For purchases between May 1st and June 30 from an authorized JVC Professional Reseller, contact your reseller to obtain a claim form. The authorized dealers were sent the form today, so your reseller should be able to provide it to you.

Follow the instructions on the form to file your claim.

Regards, Carl

Ram Ganesh May 23rd, 2006 07:52 PM

what the difference between IDX and AB batteries? (power size etc)

Warren Shultz May 23rd, 2006 09:55 PM

Since I haven't received my IDX yet, I sure wish I could trade promotions.

Tim Le May 23rd, 2006 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram Ganesh

Usually AB batteries are a lot more expensive. The main difference is that with the AB setup and Rev A cameras, you get Realtime display of remaining battery power in the viewfinder. The bad news is if you need another battery, you'd have to buy an expensive AB battery because many aftermarket batteries can not be charged on an AB charger. Not sure if this is ditto on the IDX charger.

Still, it's hard to complain when it's free so this is a pretty awesome deal. That's like lopping 20% right off the price. It is amazing that you get an HD camera, a lens and a pro battery package. The GY-DV5000U goes for about the same price and that's only the camera body! I hope they put this deal together for the HD200. Way to go JVC!

Scott Jaco May 24th, 2006 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram Ganesh

The Anton/Bauer is technically a better deal at first because it comes with a 90WH battery. The IDX promo came with a 71WH.

The drawback is most people are going to want at least 1 spare battery.

BHphotovideo.com sells the A/B Dionic 90WH for $399 while a spare IDX E7s 71WH battery is only $189.

It’s cheaper to purchase 2 spare IDX E7s batteries totaling 142WH vs. getting 1 A/B battery which only gives you 90WH.

The IDX is a better deal because the batteries are almost half the price.
If the promo didn't exist, I would still go with the IDX package.

Greg Boston May 24th, 2006 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Jaco
The Anton/Bauer is technically a better deal at first because it comes with a 90WH battery. The IDX promo came with a 71WH.

BHphotovideo.com sells the A/B Dionic 90WH for $399 while a spare IDX E7s 71WH battery is only $189.

It’s cheaper to purchase 2 spare IDX E7s batteries totaling 142WH vs. getting 1 A/B battery which only gives you 90WH.

And you still can purchase the IDX batteries. IDX sells an adapter plate which makes their batteries mount on 'three stud' systems. Not sure how well the A/B charger would work with those batteries.

-gb-

Steve Benner May 24th, 2006 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Jaco

Either way, I wouldn't have gotten the other deal, so this is awesome!

Mark Silva May 24th, 2006 11:09 AM

The IDX batteries will not show remaining power on an "A" camera?

Ram Ganesh May 24th, 2006 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Silva

not sure - but found this on JVC website: AB-DIONIC-HDV and PDF Brochure here

--
Called B&H pro video, they havent heard anything about the promotion - he checked proJVC website - nothing there either...

Scott Cantrell May 24th, 2006 01:38 PM

For those of you awaiting your IDX Power Promo's, I have had word that IDX has shipped product to JVC which will soon be allocated prospectively.

As Carl Hicks with JVC noted, this Anton Bauer promotion is only valid if purchased from an Authorised JVC Pro Dealer (i.e. TapeWorks Texas Inc) Please remember that the Anton Bauer promotion is similar to the IDX promotion in that you will need to wait 6 - 8 weeks for the promotional products to be delivered. They are free, after all. In the meantime, while you are waiting for your promotional products to be delivered, it is advised to purchase addtional JVC BNV438U batteries for your camcorder which provide 30 to 45 min runtime on the GYHD100U.

I've noted that some of you reference pricing on products from other JVC Authorized dealers. Please remember that TapeWorks Texas Inc is an Authorized JVC Professional Dealer and our pricing is highly competative.
Both B&H and TapeWorks Texas Inc are sponsers for HDVinfo.net

If you have any questions pertaining to this promotion, you can contact TapeWorks Texas Inc Toll Free 866-827-3489 and speak with Jason or Scott.

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser
866-827-3489
scott@tapeworkstexas.com
www.tapeworkstexas.com

Scott Jaco May 24th, 2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Silva

The IDX batteries show the remaining voltage. The A/B batteries can show remaining time but isn't that calculation based on the voltage in the first place?