Gy HD 101E - BRHD50 Updates at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 24th, 2006, 04:04 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Gy HD 101E - BRHD50 Updates

I upgrated the camera and the BR HD50 2 days ago. The upgrade is the same as the A for the U model, but we get no sticker.
New firmwear and the change of one transistor.
The camera seems to work normally, can record-playback with the hard drive, focus enhan. The impressive upgrade thow, for me, is at the BR HD50 that works perfectly now with the Avid - for capture and export to tape.
Up to now, after the upgrade, no miscommunications, no deck failed to triger, no lost connections, errors etc. Knock wood, it looks like that the problems are solved.
Whoever uses avid express pro HD should get this upgrade. Is a special one for the Avid users.
Panos
Panos Bournias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 09:31 PM   #2
Major Player

Panos,
did you upgrade the deck yourself or did you have to send it to JVC?
Jiri
Old May 24th, 2006, 09:35 PM   #3
2nd Unit TV

Also, is anyone else having issues with the BR50 and Adobe Premiere Suite and if so, has the upgraqde helped.
Jonathan Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 07:47 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Re BRHD50 Upgrade

No, the upgrade was done by the JVC people.
Old May 25th, 2006, 02:45 PM   #5
New Boot

Good to hear this from you, too bad thing here in Brazil always come later then in US and Europe. So I hope JVC assistance here in Brazil get this update ASAP so we can have our deck working without errors.

Btw, was the transistor replaced from the camera or from the deck?

Thanks,

Flavio

Last edited by Flavio Andalo; May 26th, 2006 at 01:56 PM.
Flavio Andalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Re-Update

The transistor was replaced to the camera.
Old May 26th, 2006, 09:42 PM   #7
Major Player

I just had my decks upgraded. One JVC did, the others I did myself with JVC's help.

Version 1.05. Hit Stop and Menu to display the version number. If your's is 1.02, you may see problems with RS-422 control. You need to have it updated. As far as I can tell, it only affects RS-422.

Dave Beaty
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 11:37 AM   #8
Major Player

Panos, where did you upgrade your camera? I was told by my dealer in UK that there is no upgrade like the A version for european models. In the JVCs european site there's no information about that. Did you have to pay? Thanks
Diogo Athouguia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 01:19 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I have had my 101E updated in the UK, it's not designated anything as far as I know but has solved a few small menu problems I was having, there is also an Audio update in the UK that the BBC wnated done after they tested the 100/101 for use by the Corporation, we had noticed the Audio not being the cleanest but after the mod it's perfect, I took the camera to JVC in London and they were brilliant, dropped it off at 10am and collected it as the end of the day all done, can't praise JVC UK enough for there service.
Ian Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 04:42 PM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Savage
I have had my 101E updated in the UK, .
Ian - Are you sure this is an actual update as in the "A" version that is going on in NTSC land? Our dealer in England says there is no "A" type upgrade for the E model as far as they are aware?

When we first got our 101E back in August last year it was sent back because it had software issues - it was fixed, and we have not had any problems since - or not that we have noticed so far, which includes any probs with the audio.

We have not had any probs with our BR50 deck either, we got that a couple of months ago... bit strange hearing these various issues some folks are having with their decks...

Must get round to dropping an email to the UK JVC folks...

Stu...
www.studioscotland.co.uk
Stewart Menelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 09:36 PM   #11
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ames
Also, is anyone else having issues with the BR50 and Adobe Premiere Suite and if so, has the upgraqde helped.
It acts up from time to time, although more rare than common. Are you having issues with PPro and the deck? If so then what issues? We have not done our upgrade for the camera or deck as we use them both regular and can not do without right now (while on vacation I might upgrade).

Congrats on your update Panos and the fix of your issues.
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems