Mic cable for JVChd100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 31st, 2006, 06:23 PM   #1
Major Player

Mic cable for JVChd100

I just purchased AT 897 mic and looking for a Right angle xlr MALE to Left angle xlr female. I have seen right angle FEMALE to mal but not the opposite any clues? What do you guys use for mic cables on your camera?
Joe Bowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 06:32 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bowey
I just purchased AT 897 mic and looking for a Right angle xlr MALE to Left angle xlr female. I have seen right angle FEMALE to mal but not the opposite any clues? What do you guys use for mic cables on your camera?

You have to have them made special. Call these guys (212) 586-1033
Carl Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 10:18 PM   #3
Trustee

XLR right anlge connectors

one of the first things I did with my camera was replace the stock mics straight connector with a right angle one. it got a couple of looks from the techs at JVC chicago... the source for them is milestek.com, here is the link for silver and black
http://www.milestek.com/shop/product...id=&kwd=&l=&p=

http://www.milestek.com/shop/product...id=&kwd=&l=&p=

I bought a couple of black ones - one for the stock mic, the others for my lectrosonics

Steve Oakley
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 08:28 AM   #4
Major Player

How hard was it to wire?
Joe Bowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 08:50 AM   #5
Major Player

Do you know if you can position the 90 angle upwards with those connectors?

I have a mic prewired with a 90 degree XLR, but I had the same problem because the wire was now going down and jamming onto whatever surface the camera was placed on.

I want the cable to angle up so it doesn't jam into our soft cases.
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 10:02 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Beaty
Do you know if you can position the 90 angle upwards with those connectors?

I have a mic prewired with a 90 degree XLR, but I had the same problem because the wire was now going down and jamming onto whatever surface the camera was placed on.

I want the cable to angle up so it doesn't jam into our soft cases.
With the above posted connectors, no, but as I have them, you can angle them upwards with a slant to the left and right.
Carl Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 07:31 PM   #7
Major Player

Some right angle XLR connectors could be positioned in many different angles. Mine happens to work best sticking up at approx. 2 O'clock. Wireing is easy, as long as you know how to solder. The connectors are readily available at Radio Shack (Source Shop) or any other commercial electronics shops. The camera should be really shipped this way, the straight connector doesn't make any sense.
Old June 1st, 2006, 07:52 PM   #8
Trustee

I sent mine to be straight up. angled forwards as bad for the lens hand grip area as far as pushing the wire forward, and going backwards did nothing for me, and might of gotten too tight with another RA connector in CH2. when you place then striaght up, it does mean that removal is a two handed operation, one to press the release, the other to pull the connector, but other than that it works fine... and if you can solder, its not a big deal to change the connector, only three wires.

Steve O
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems