DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   camera failed while shooting, the terrible day of my life (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/68918-camera-failed-while-shooting-terrible-day-my-life.html)

Trung Dau June 5th, 2006 03:26 PM

camera failed while shooting, the terrible day of my life

Last November, I bought a camera under the model HD 100. I had to have its DC repaired in January and had it done at the JVC service in Singapore. Last month (May), the camera could not function again because of a Drum Failure and a Reel Failure. Thus, I had the HD 100 be repaired at the JVC Service in the Netherlands. I got it back last week. However, after 2 hours of shooting the following day, the LCD of the camera blanked out and turned off. Immediately, the view finder died along with the LCD. My HD 100 is only 6 months old and I have only been able to make 9 recorded tapes (63 min.) out of it. It has already been sent to the JVC Service twice, both in Singapore and in the Netherlands where I live. Is there anyone who knows what I can do to get over these technical difficulties? When I had trouble with the Drum Failure and the Reel Failure last May, I asked for an extension of the warranty but I could not do it. If I were to repair it again, could I have a substitute camera? Or should I just ask for a new camera? Would it be possible to refund my camera? I need a camera to finish my project by next week.

Gary Williams June 5th, 2006 07:06 PM

If you have records of it being serviced and you still have all these problems, JVC in my opinion should give you a new camera. How they treat you is how their going to treat the rest of us 5-6k for a camera is allot of money to spend for a small company which is probably a majority of their buyers. Its things like this that will determine whether or not JVC is truley working for the customer and is sincere about putting out a good and reliable product. Trung sorry for the trouble I know how difficult it can be when your camera dosn't funtion as promissed hopefuly JVC will do the right thing and take care of you. I to have a camera with problems that is in for service right now I have only owned it for less than 2 1/2 months Let us know how everything works out.

Trung Dau June 5th, 2006 08:18 PM

it's a lot for a small company and for me, a abroad student, that's must be huge investment, i risk my life for it. Ofcourse the camera affect to my studying much When it stop working, I stop studying :D and it will be more risky for me to stay in school longer and pay more. I'll call me dealer, JVC in the NEtherlands, head of JVC in Europe. THey must solve my problem in this week. Otherwise they must pay for giveing me trouble, I don't have any bucks rite now.

John Doran June 6th, 2006 07:24 AM

Jvc Reps

Ok..............................................

I Know There Are Jvc Reps On These Boards, Do The Decent Thing

And Replace This Mans Camera, This Is Not Acceptable.

Jvc Reps Look Here

Tim Brown June 6th, 2006 07:46 AM

I can certainly empathize with Trung as customer service seems to be an oxymoron these days. But if I'm not mistaken, I believe the JVC reps on these boards are U.S. reps and I believe they do things a bit differently than those abroad.

John Doran June 6th, 2006 07:50 AM

jvc

HI tim,

i mailed the UK JVC this was his reply, i feel for this guy with the jVC not even a year old, so taung follow this up here it is:

Dear Sir

i have passed this to JVC pro in the Netherlands who will contact you shortly.

we are UK based only.

with regards

Brett Steventon - Sales Office Manager
JVC Professional Europe, JVC Business Park
12 Priestley Way,London NW2 7BA
Tel:020 8208 6204 Fax:020 8208 6260
E-mail bsteventon@jvcpro.co.uk WEB : jvcproeurope.com

Carl Hicks June 6th, 2006 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Brown
I can certainly empathize with Trung as customer service seems to be an oxymoron these days. But if I'm not mistaken, I believe the JVC reps on these boards are U.S. reps and I believe they do things a bit differently than those abroad.

Tim, you are correct. The appropiate contact in Europe has been notified.

Regards, Carl

Trung Dau June 6th, 2006 08:54 AM

sorry John DOran. I couldn't find out the email contact from the JVC service site, I don't understand Dutch language. So i found out the site of JVC Europe in English. That's why i made a mistake. Sorry for that. Anyway thanks for giving me a mail contact of IVC in the NEtherlands which i couldn't find out in their site

Gary Williams June 6th, 2006 09:21 AM

Sorry should not have printed twice not sure what I did wrong.

Gary Williams June 6th, 2006 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Doran
HI tim,

i mailed the UK JVC this was his reply, i feel for this guy with the jVC not even a year old, so taung follow this up here it is:

Dear Sir

i have passed this to JVC pro in the Netherlands who will contact you shortly.

we are UK based only.

with regards

Brett Steventon - Sales Office Manager JVC Professional Europe, JVC Business Park
12 Priestley Way,London NW2 7BA
Tel:020 8208 6204 Fax:020 8208 6260
E-mail bsteventon@jvcpro.co.uk WEB : jvcproeurope.com

Good job John if in fact Trung dose have a defective camera which is possible [of course nothing in this world is perfect] JVC should take care of him. This is what I talk about in some of my previous posts, situations like this are where JVC has the opportunity to show their customers that they truley want to be a stand up company. Its the crossroads where you either gain loyal customers for life or customers that will never trust you again. I for one have faith that JVC over time will prove they are the company to contend with and will continue to stay loyal to their customers as their popularity and customer base continues to grow to a level only Sony, Canon and everyone else can look upon in awe!

Hats off to Carl Hicks and all ofther JVC Reps who participate in these Forums and continue to build are trust in JVC. Its just another showing by JVC that they really are concerned about their customer and what people think of them as a company.

Burk Webb June 6th, 2006 12:18 PM

Sorry to hear about your problems Trung, I feel for you and hope things get resolved. It seems that JVC is really backing this cam and we are really rooting for them to come through for you.

Also wanted to thank Carl Hicks and all of the JVC Reps who participate in these Forums. Your presence here is one of the reasons I bought the camera, also I much appreciate the honest discussion of the camera, warts and all.

I agree that JVC has really got something here and with the proper support this camera could really emerge to be the little HD cam to beat.

Daniel Patton June 6th, 2006 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burk Webb
I agree that JVC has really got something here and with the proper support this camera could really emerge to be the little HD cam to beat.

In my experience JVC HAS in fact created the HD camera to beat, with support to match.

Trung Dau June 11th, 2006 06:48 PM

MY problem gonna be solved soon!

HI all,
THanks all for ur help guys! speaciallyHElp from JVC guys.
I gonna get apointment next week!
They solve the problem not as fast as i think! BUT they work really hard for it. THey called me to tell that i gonna have the new one next 2 weeks, But i asked them that I needed it on next wednesday. I told me that they could try their best so that I can i have it for my oroject next week. And then i though I should try my best in order to not push them too much. BEcause if we have to work hard to get the result faster than our own schedule, the result won't be good as our plan. The human capacity is limited. I try my best, they try their bext then it'll be good for my camera in future. THus I called them to give some more time.

ANd once again I'm so sorry for from my rude words at prevoious time. When my camera was failure, I was so stress ( i smoked 20 cigarettes in ony 2 hours). ANd thanks for ur hlep and advice that help me calming down alot.

Thanks to this forum. IF there was not this forum, i wouldn't know what i could do.

Gary Williams June 12th, 2006 09:55 AM

Cudo's to JVC and Carl Hicks for exceptional customer support.
Are their any Sony, Canon, or Panasonic Reps on this board taking notes.
Like I have said in other post JVC is on its way to greatness and their loyalty to their customers will not go un noticed or rewarded for that matter. I just love watching a smaller company show the bigger ones how its done! I see great growth and prosperity for JVC in the future, I know they will always have my support.

Ram Ganesh June 12th, 2006 07:23 PM

Jan from Panasonic monitors internet boards regularly too...