IDX Promo Update - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 19th, 2006, 11:38 AM   #31
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Knapp
Good news on the battery!
However, it would be nice to know how you went about "making up" an xlr cable. And a pic would be nice if it isn't too much trouble.
This is off topic but here goes...way back in my Columbia College days did nothing but check and repair audio cable for the sound studio of the Film/Video Dept. for an entire semester. In order to make up a cable you must first have the parts necessary. I happened to have new connectors on hand. Used connectors in good condition will work fine. I took a piece of cable from one that had a break, checked it for continuity before soldering, soldered the new connectors on the cable ends then checked continuity on the connectors. I used the cheapest soldering kit and multi-meter Radio Shack has to offer. Process is quite easy but getting clean solder welds does take a little practice. For those of you willing to try, check continuity by setting your multi-meter to RX 1k ohms and place your leads on the appropriate pins. If you get a reading of "0" ohms you're good to go.

If anyone is interested in carrying self-assembled mic cabling any further than this post, I would suggest starting a new thread. I would be happy to oblige.
Oscar Villalpando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2006, 02:25 PM   #32
Major Player

My IDX just showed up 5 minutes ago. I bought the last day from BHphoto and sent in my info a couple days later via priority mail.

It looks very cool. The battery is lighter than it looks. I'm gonna charge it up and see how long it lasts now. :-)
Joel Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2006, 04:39 PM   #33
Major Player

Surprise surprise, mine showed up this afternoon too. And now...since I'm already using Anton Bauer, anyone want to trade my new IDX package for an Anton Bauer package?!
Warren Shultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 09:20 PM   #34
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Tierney
Sorry to hear about all the delays in the HD100 battery world, but when you folks get your IDX set-ups and need batteries that will power your cameras for 5 hours, and will charge on your IDX chargers, and cost only $215, then check us out at
http://www.batteries4broadcast.com/ or send questions to sales@batteries4broadcast.com I've been keeping alot of you HD100 owners happy with our batteries!

Kevin
Since I purchased this battery I have not had a chance to run it to the end I can tell you so far it works great and charges fine on the IDX charger. it has already out lasted the IDX battery but by how much not sure just yet, one thing I really like is that it also has a power out pug on the side of the battery the IDX ES-7 dose not have this so I get a power out plug in, off the battery mount and off the battery to allowing me to power two things at once. This battery is a great deal at $215

Last edited by Gary Williams; June 27th, 2006 at 09:54 AM.
Gary Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2006, 03:14 AM   #35
Inner Circle

I ordered at the end of tapeworks promo in march, anyone else get there IDX yet who ordered at that time? I'm still waiting.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2006, 04:54 AM   #36
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Luce
I ordered at the end of tapeworks promo in march, anyone else get there IDX yet who ordered at that time? I'm still waiting.
This must be a US issue.

I ordered my 101e in the UK with a half price IDX promo offer, and actually the batteries arrived 2 days before the camera - this turned out to be a courier problem. I have 2 batteries, charger and mounting plate.

Drew
Drew Curran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2006, 04:19 AM   #37
Inner Circle

I ordered at the end of tapeworks promo in march, anyone else get there IDX yet who ordered at that time? I'm still waiting. Seems like a long time.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2006, 03:05 PM   #38
New Boot

Bruce,

I ordered my HD100 from Tapeworks Texas on March 28th (delivered on the 31st) and I received my IDX kit on June 19th. If you haven't already, call the number on the IDX promotion certificate and JVC can make sure you're in their system and give you a status update.
William Hess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 04:36 AM   #39
Major Player

Brian,

I ordered through Texas Tapeworks same time as you and I received my batteries the first week of June.

Call the NJ headquarters and ask for Mary Osborne, she was very helpful with my case. Also have your sales rep from Texas Tapeworks help you out. Jason was great to work with and he actually called and told me when the batteries were going to be shipping from JVC.

Good luck,

Dan Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems