redrock m2/hd100 or hd200/HZ-CA13U ? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 27th, 2006, 04:30 PM   #16
Major Player

It is perplexing to me why Stephen has not responded to this thread. Oh well.

Anyhow, I'll share what little information I have on the HZ-CA13U. I was at CineGear over the weekend and at the JVC booth they had an HZ-CA13U sitting on the table. Sorry, but I forgot to take a picture of it. I don't know if this was just a mockup or a working prototype, but it was anodized black and it had what looked to be real lens mounts on it. There was a bayonet mount on one end and a PL mount on the other. It also had a JVC nameplate on it with the model designation "HZ-CA13U" and the serial number said "SAMPLE". It looked like a tapered tube and was about 4 or 5 inches long. If you looked through it, all you could see was an opening and maybe some optical elements. There is no vibrating or spinning ground glass in it. At least this is what the JVC rep said, but to be honest I didn't get the feeling that they knew that much about it or even knew what DOF meant. So I didn't get a definitive answer on what the FOV and DOF would be like.
Tim Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim N Le
I don't know if this was just a mockup or a working prototype
It was a mockup, ome elements inside were missing. The most important part though, IMHO, is the price. When asked about it the JVC people said: "below $10.000". Oh well, we'll see how much it will be rented for :)
Old June 27th, 2006, 06:12 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Darn!!

$10,000!! Forget that,.....guess I'm going with the redrock/hd100 and the ikan H/V flip monitor. Sounds good to me,....thanks fellas. The other features of the hd200 don't interest me all that much,....considering I'll probably never use the 60p,.....unless I was going to use it to overcrank for slow-mo 24p output,......Now maybe I should be asking this in another thread, but can't you achieve slow-mo just as well in post? I would imagine it's a much smoother looking slow-mo with the added frames at 60p? anybody have experience with this?
Ian Mora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 07:00 PM   #19
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo Ciccone
It was a mockup, ome elements inside were missing.
This sounds like exactly what was shown at NAB 06.
Old June 27th, 2006, 07:38 PM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim N Le
It is perplexing to me why Stephen has not responded to this thread..
Sorry for the delay. I was asked not to comment since the device is still a prototype and not ready for primetime.
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems